Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Force to give support

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Force to give support Empty Force to give support Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:48 pm

AA

Arresto Menor

I have a brother who is separated from his wife for 9 years. They have 1 daughter. My brother has new family with 3 children, and his ex wife has 2 other children with different father.  From the start, they got separated my brother gives support for his daughter in terms of milk, foods and other necessities.  Now, his ex wife demand for a higher support for their daughter, which my brother cannot give because he also has a family and children to support and his salary is not enough to give her demands. 

Is it right for his ex-wife to force my brother to oblige or to give a higher support, although he always gives the needs of their child for the school and for the monthly pay of the tutor? 

What are the cases his ex wife can charge him if he cannot give all the demands she wants? 

Hoping for your help and response.

2Force to give support Empty Re: Force to give support Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 pm

rollie002

Arresto Mayor

according to the family code, the amount of support is based on the necessities of the child and the financial ability of the father. I suggest that your brother continue to support the child and let the ex wife resort to court to properly determine the amount of support. If your brother stop giving support, he can be held criminally and civilly liable.

3Force to give support Empty Re: Force to give support Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 am

AA

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response rollie002.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum