Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child abuse -mother seeking advise

+3
lawyeranger
ibonidarna
jonanna
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty child abuse -mother seeking advise Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

jonanna

Arresto Menor

I would like to seek advise if I can file a Child Abuse case against my adult kapitbahay. She calls my 1 year old son "malnourished" couple of times, she would say "di ka pinapakain, punta ka sa amin madaming pagkain", she once shook him like what you see on "shaken-baby syndrome videos" and the most unbearable thing she did last Saturday night is she hit/slapped my son in the thigh in front of me. As as my defense, "minura" ko sya. We are not even close, I do not even talk to her. Can I file a child abuse case against he even if my son did not have any "pasa" on his thigh? I want to file a blotter sa barangay.

Please advise.Thank you.

2child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Are there other witnesses of the utterances, and physical abuse?

3child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Tue May 15, 2012 3:10 pm

jonanna

Arresto Menor

Yes, my husband, my bayaw and 2 other male kapitbahay witnessed the whole incident last Saturday night. Me, my husband and my bayaw (who takes care of my children when I am at work) witnessed when she called my son malnourished, on 3 or 4 different instances.

Last edited by jonanna on Tue May 15, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition of sentence)

4child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Tue May 15, 2012 5:52 pm

lawyeranger

Prision Correccional

yes, proceed to the women and children desk at the PNP, RA 7610 says

(b) "Child abuse" refers to the maltreatment, whether habitual or not, of the child which includes any of the following:

(1) Psychological and physical abuse, neglect, cruelty, sexual abuse and emotional maltreatment;

(2) Any act by deeds or words which debases, degrades or demeans the intrinsic worth and dignity of a child as a human being;

(3) Unreasonable deprivation of his basic needs for survival, such as food and shelter; or

(4) Failure to immediately give medical treatment to an injured child resulting in serious impairment of his growth and development or in his permanent incapacity or death.

5child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 pm

jonanna

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply. I already filed a formal complaint in our Barangay last night.

I have another query.

Can she file Oral Defamation against me because of the foul words/mura I said to her last Saturday Night after she hit my son?
If yes, what is the degree of the Oral Defamation case against the Child Abuse case I filed against her?

6child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Wed May 16, 2012 2:44 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes. What do you mean?

7child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 pm

jonanna

Arresto Menor

(1)If I can be filed with Oral Defamation, what is the worst penalty/punishment if I will be proven guilty?

(2) On the Child Abuse case against her, based on my initial statement,what is the worst penalty/punishment she will have if proven guilty?

Thank you very much for the help.

8child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Penalty would depend on what is proven. But between the two, the penalty for Child Abuse and/or Physical injuries in relation to RA 7610 is harsher or heavier.

9child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Wed May 16, 2012 3:59 pm

jonanna

Arresto Menor

Again Thank you so much for this comment. This gave me more confidence to push through with the complaint I filed. There was a little hesitancy on my part because of what she could counter against me.

10child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

jonanna wrote:Thank you for the reply. I already filed a formal complaint in our Barangay last night.

I have another query.

Can she file Oral Defamation against me because of the foul words/mura I said to her last Saturday Night after she hit my son?
If yes, what is the degree of the Oral Defamation case against the Child Abuse case I filed against her?

she can. pero maari mong gawing reason ang ginawa niyang pananakit sa anak mo. it is a normal immediate reaction ng isang parent.

11child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 pm

jonanna

Arresto Menor

Maraming salamat po.
I am still waiting for the Barangay's Subpoena to hear out her reason.

12child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Thu May 23, 2013 5:14 pm

femondas

Arresto Menor

I want to ask if my laban ako s kpitbhy ko n nireklmo ko ng child abuse dahil p ulut ulit nua pgssabi ng bobo s dalawa ko anak

13child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Fri May 24, 2013 7:37 pm

attyLLL

none if you don't pursue the case. whether it will prosper depends on the evidence presented and the appreciation of the judging body.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

zha06

Arresto Menor

ang nangyari po kasi 4 years ago my nbuntis po ako gf ko then naghiwalay din ngkaroon po ako ng gf ulit at nbuntis ko din po ,,siya po yung pinanagutan ko kasi siya yung mahal ko,..ngaun po after 4 years ngaun lng po ngfile ng case s cityhall yung unang girl pra humingi ng support..ngaaral p po ako 24 y.o at walang work..kasal na din po kame ngayon nang nabuntisan kong pangalawa. dala po nung una yung apelyido ko...acknowledgement.. nagyon po may mga bagay n napagkasunduan kame..paano po kung hindi po niya masunod yun?like usapan namen s daycare ngayon private ang gusto niya,..tsaka my pwede po ba kong ifile n case dahil po pinipilit niyang ibigay yung support na hindi ko pa kaya? my anak nadin po xa s kinakasama niya ngayon...please give me advice..

15child abuse -mother seeking advise Empty Re: child abuse -mother seeking advise Sat May 25, 2013 4:40 pm

attyLLL

make sure you are giving something and retain proof that you are giving. keep negotiating. you can later file a complaint in court to fix the amount of support

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum