Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unfair Pricing from competitors

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unfair Pricing from competitors Empty Unfair Pricing from competitors Sat May 28, 2011 9:00 pm

forever_ink8

Arresto Menor

Good day po atty.

Madami na po ako naririnig regarding unfair pricing pagdating sa mga competitors, bakit po kaya for sample at the same business like hamburger stands, they have the same products pero magkaiba ang price nila, si Burger A has a price of P20 pesos for buy1 get 1, and the Burger B has a price of P25 and buy1 get 1 din, pwede bang kasuhan ni Burger A si Burger B dahil sa price differences? The same din po ang lasa and the same din po let say ang supplier pero magkaiba nga lang ng business name. Salamat po.

2Unfair Pricing from competitors Empty Re: Unfair Pricing from competitors Sat May 28, 2011 9:33 pm

sureshock2000

lawyer

just my thoughts,

we must remember that we have a free trade and everyone has the right to do business for as long as all the required documentation for the said business are complied with in the locality where the business is to be established.

in your premise, i can see nothing wrong with the business of your competitor in terms of pricing. these are marketing strategies. you can only institute a case against your competitor if your product lines are exclusively sold by you meaning-they are registered trademarks... then you can file a case on the grounds of unfair competition

3Unfair Pricing from competitors Empty Re: Unfair Pricing from competitors Mon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm

forever_ink8

Arresto Menor

Kasi po nagkaroon na ng kaso before like yung transport buses dito sa province, yung Bus A price is P60 Bus B price is P60 then yung bagong competitor nila na Bus C P45, parang introductory fare, pero nagpetition sila Bus A at Bus B na halos 2 months na eh hindi pa rin binababa ang fare price ni Bus C sa same P60. Di ba dapat din sa mga business eh may petition na dapat pantay pantay ang price nila lalo na same products or sevices ang inoofer nila? Unfair kasi dun sa mga nagbababa ng price kasi hindi na healthy ang competition kapag ganun. Dapat ito ang tinitignan ng DTI para alam natin na talagang nagtatrabaho sila. Sa public market nga eh let's say ang 1kg baboy 180 then halos lahat ng magkakatabi eh 180 din ang price, bakit kapag sa ibang business lalo na same products and services eh walang standard monitoring? Ang gulo dito sa Pinas....

4Unfair Pricing from competitors Empty Re: Unfair Pricing from competitors Mon May 30, 2011 4:53 pm

tino

Arresto Menor

i'm no lawyer but i do believe there are certain industries where prices are regulated by certain government agencies or stipulation, for example DTI for common goods, LTFRB, for fare prices, then there's the oil deregulation law for petroleum, etc. IMHO, if there are no laws as per pricing governing the goods and/or services one is offering, then the businessman can dictate his prices at will. it's up to the buyers to patronize the businessman's goods and/or services.

5Unfair Pricing from competitors Empty Re: Unfair Pricing from competitors Mon May 30, 2011 8:50 pm

sureshock2000

lawyer

you answered your question... DURA LEX SED LEX (the law maybe harsh but it is the law)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum