Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Work Break

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Work Break Empty Work Break Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 am

Arbee1980

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm a regular employee working from 10PM to 6AM. I just want to know if i am entitled to a break? If yes, how long? Is it paid and part of 8 hrs or should i extend my shift just to have a break. Currently, my manager is asking us to work 8 hrs. And if we want to have a break, it should be a working break.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR

2Work Break Empty Re: Work Break Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

a 10am - 6pm is a straight 8 hours shift.

you are allowed a 30 minutes paid break, this can either be taken either 2 x 15 minutes break or a straight 30 minutes.

Working break is not considered a break, because you are working.

3Work Break Empty Re: Work Break Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:41 am

Arbee1980

Arresto Menor

That's what i thought too. I just want to make sure that if i contest this, i am right. Thank you for your response. This is a big help for us.

4Work Break Empty Re: Work Break Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:34 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

the company can also institute a 45-1hr unpaid break. it just extends your hours

5Work Break Empty Re: Work Break Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:01 pm

maxwell_24

Arresto Mayor

here in our company there is 10 minutes snacks and 30 minutes break for the straight time employees

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum