Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regularization of Employee Law

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Regularization of Employee Law Empty Regularization of Employee Law Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 pm

monasax

Arresto Menor

Good day. I want to seek legal advise regarding my status as an employee. It's my 6months today.
Yesterday the HR director informed me that my boss will talk to me regarding the status of my employment on Monday.
She told me that my boss "daughter of the owner" asked me to write an extension letter regarding my probationary period because she was not satisfied with my performance this May. I was surprised to hear that because yesterday was supposedly my last day as a probationary employee.

As a short background. I was under team "A" during my first 3 months (Nov 2016-Mid of Feb2017) and my first boss was really happy and satisfied with my work. When they transferred me to team "B", which is my current team now last Feb 15, the first 2 weeks focused on getting to know the team. In March, I was tasked to conduct Joint business planning with one of our key customers. I was able to accomplished all this task. In April, our performance didn't meet the passing mark. Basically, all team was not able to deliver.

During my 3rd and 5th month, no formal evaluation was conducted by both immediate managers. Even yesterday, my boss didn't inform me that she will evaluate me. Instead, she texted me to go and talk to HR Director because the HR Director needs to tell something. She also told me that she was supposed to evaluate me last Monday May 15 but I was on sick leave for 4 days because I had Gastric Ulcer (which I just recently found out and acquire).

My question is, what are my rights?
Am I not a regular employee effective today since it's my 6th months already?
Can they still terminate me if I refuse to issue request letter of extension of my probationary period?
My contract states that evaluation period will be on the 3rd and 5th month. If they evaluate me 1 week before my regularization period or even 2 days after my regularization, will it be legal?

I really hope that you can help me with my concern. I've been a hard working employee and I feel like I'm being bullied by my boss because she is the owner. I feel disrespected and she even make fun of me getting sick.

Thank you and God bless.

2Regularization of Employee Law Empty Re: Regularization of Employee Law Sun May 21, 2017 5:14 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

I believe you are already a regular employee by operation of law (regular by default).

3Regularization of Employee Law Empty Re: Regularization of Employee Law Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Try reading this to know more about the different types of employment, and how they affect your security of tenure. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/types-employment-affects-security-tenure-2

4Regularization of Employee Law Empty Re: Regularization of Employee Law Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

@arnoldventura. Kailangan pa bang i-open ang matagal ng saradong queries dito? Anong rason? Noong April, 2017 pa kasi ito. i believe lahat ng issue dito ay settled na... pati mismo sa nagtatanong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum