Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asking for Help, we cannot apply for own meralco meter due to unpaid bill of adjacent house

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rye89

Arresto Menor

Hi,

We have a house constructed in a lot inherited by my mother. Compound sya with 4 houses. Nung mag-apply na kami sa meralco, we were rejected kasi yung tito ko, naputulan sila ng linya because they were not able to pay months(or even a year) of meralco bills, almost 7-8 years ago na daw. According to meralco, we won't be given our own line until masettle yung unpaid bills na yun. Hindi na babayaran ng tito ko yun kasi nabili nila yung metro nung dating tindahan na tinayuan namin ng bahay. baka po may ma-advice kayo na workaround? Ayaw po sana namin bayaran kasi hindi naman kami gumamit nun but if we don't have a choice, is it possible that we have an agreement or contract with meralco that they won't allow my tito or someone from their family apply for new meralco/utility lines without our consent or ibalik nila yung binayaran namin utang nila? nagigipit kasi kami. Thank you all in advance.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Is your uncle's house at same TITLE as yours?
If so, separate them can perhaps add chance enough for you to get an own agreement with Meralco.

I guess Meralco believe your uncle will get electricity from your meter undepending of if you know it or your uncle sneak. Meralco don't like your uncle to get electricity as long as there is a dept,

Ask Meralco what you need to do to get electricity from them. Point out it isn't you or your house who has the dept.

rye89

Arresto Menor

Appreciate the advice Sir Lunkan. Unfortunately, same title pa eh.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

rye89 wrote:Appreciate the advice Sir Lunkan. Unfortunately, same title pa eh.
Well. I suppouse that's why you have problem with Meralco,
but if you DO SPLIT the title, then I believe you get much better chance to get ok from Meralco,
because as it is NOW, I suppouse your uncle's dept is noted at Meralco at same as YOUR title.
Electric depts follow the title undepending of who is owner, so ask Meralco BEFORE you spend money at splting the title, if it's enough you get a separate own title to get electricity,
or if part of the dept will go to your part of the new title, which would be very BAD for you.

rye89

Arresto Menor

Thanks Sir. I-update ko po kayo pag may progress. Thanks again!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum