Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONTRACT discrepancies.... MERALCO METER provision

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

akideguzman

Arresto Menor

I'm having problem with the commercial space I'm renting. It don't have it's own electric meter because the previous tenant had unpaid bills with Meralco. We just had a sub-meter installed with the permission of the adjacent shop. Now Meralco wants the sub-meter removed and impose a fine to the shop we connected our sub-meter.

My landlord (a family) don't want to fix the unpaid meralco bills so I can have my own electric meter and just wants to relocate my sub-meter connection to another adjacent shop.

My contract originally with their sister states i just need to pay 1 month advance and 1 month deposit and now when the rest of the family took management of the estate they said i need to have a new contract with them. paying 2 months advance and 2 months deposit. im paying up to date for my monthly rent (with NEW MANAGEMENT) since first what i hold is the original contract with their sister, second they haven't provided me draft or copy of the new contract and third they don't want to provide the electric meter for my shop. now the NEW MANAGEMENT threatens to sue me for breach of contract for not paying the 2advance+ 2 deposit or have me evicted of the shop. Im willing to pay my balance with them but i want them to fix the electric meter first. What's my stand on this? It's been a year im paying in the NEW management without official contract and my lessor (their sister in the original contract) didnt contest or made any move about me paying the rent on the new management. my original contract at hand says 1 month dep and 1 month adv only. im really confused and want this problem be solve right away. please help me with your advice. they always threathen me and i feel like being bullied or made a fool... it lasted that long because they are relatives and when their parents died they had issues among themselves and i was stuck in the middle of their feud. thanks.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum