Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

resigning immediately

+16
cjsandra17
almonjely_17
ariel arquiza
fritzemoana
jeckay
Kuyaez
mendozashimaeh
Terribleprincess
Gemslangyan
council
lukekyle
alisa pelea
thepoetsedge
nina012
HrDude
Lheng
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:04 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

almonjely_17 wrote:kahit po ang reason ko is family issues? need ko pa din po magrender ng 30 days?

Ayon sa Labor Code, pwede kang mag-resign ng immediate kung:

(b) An employee may put an end to the relationship without serving any notice on the employer for any of the following just causes:

1. Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;
2. Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;

3. Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and

4. Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing.

http://www.councilviews.com

77resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:46 pm

cjsandra17

Arresto Menor

I am a private school teacher.. Then i have an offer to bcome a public school teacher but i am still working to the private school without a contract signed.. Is it ok for me to resign on monday?

78resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:42 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

cjsandra17 wrote:I am a private school teacher.. Then i have an offer to bcome a public school teacher but i am still working to the private school without a contract signed.. Is it ok for me to resign on monday?

Even if you have no contract, there may be evidence that you are employed by the school.

At any rate, you are still obliged to comply with the required notice period.

http://www.councilviews.com

79resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:43 pm

cjsandra17

Arresto Menor

Like renewal letter and salary loan po??

80resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:44 pm

cjsandra17

Arresto Menor

Hnd po b pwd kahit n wala n pong magaalaga sa baby q ksi po may 1 year old baby po aq eh wala ng magaalaga sknya

81resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:17 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

hindi valid reason yun. i mean pwede kang tumigil pero if you do pwede kang mademanda for damages

82resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:15 pm

bakibalmeo

Arresto Menor

good pm po, nag resign po ako last week, ndi n po ako bumalik pra s 30 day turnover because of some personal matters , almost 5yrs po ako as warehouse clerk without contract, sss and other benefits at nka hold po ang midyear bonus ko, is it ok to leave immediately po?

83resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:52 pm

bakibalmeo

Arresto Menor

what is my stand po? do i have a liabilities or claim? thanks po

84resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:53 pm

bakibalmeo

Arresto Menor

what is my stand po? do i have a liabilities or claim? thanks po

85resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:05 am

oliviapope

Arresto Menor

Dear All,

I have a problem with my previous employer about my separation with them. I've worked in the company ( BPO in Cebu ) for almost four years. Last April 6, I've talked to my manager that I want to resign due to personal reasons and I wanted to render 30 days. However,she wanted to release me immediately on that day. The reason I wanted to render 30 days because I was flat broke and I was planning to go home in Mindanao. And she said, it will not make sense for you to render 30 days since we were over staffing. Which I replied with, I'll think about it first and If I'll get money, then I will resign. Six days later, I submitted my resignation letter and expecting her to release me immediately. However, this time, she demanded for 30 days notice and she reasoned out that the head count is already good. I felt like I was played, like a fool. And I begged for her to accept my immediate resignation ( Cause that time, things had changed, and it was an urgent matter).
But she refused to and even told me if I will not render 30days, I might go as well AWOL. I felt like was bullied when she said that "Are you resigning because you got money? Because it's payday?
If you're not rendering 30 days, I'll tell you, I doubt if there's a company out there who'll accept you."  In that situation,I broke down in tears and I feel threatened. Since I had no choice, I agreed to render 30 days but I also felt I was coerced. I didn't come back to work the next day and traveled to Mindanao. I called in everyday to let them know that I can't still report back to work.
Two weeks later, I came back to office and I explained my side and gave them a written explanation. Five days later, the 'notice of decision' was termination.

I've been applying for a job for the last two weeks and I kept on failing on background check or during the interview (duh, the word termination, they hate it)
I understand that we need to follow 30 days notice, I've been a really good employee of them. My record with them is excellent. My question is, do I have a case? I just want them to rectify my status since it's hindering me from getting a job.

Please advise. Thank you.

86resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

oliviapope wrote:Dear All,

I have a problem with my previous employer about my separation with them. I've worked in the company ( BPO in Cebu ) for almost four years. Last April 6, I've talked to my manager that I want to resign due to personal reasons and I wanted to render 30 days. However,she wanted to release me immediately on that day. The reason I wanted to render 30 days because I was flat broke and I was planning to go home in Mindanao. And she said, it will not make sense for you to render 30 days since we were over staffing. Which I replied with, I'll think about it first and If I'll get money, then I will resign. Six days later, I submitted my resignation letter and expecting her to release me immediately. However, this time, she demanded for 30 days notice and she reasoned out that the head count is already good. I felt like I was played, like a fool. And I begged for her to accept my immediate resignation ( Cause that time, things had changed, and it was an urgent matter).
But she refused to and even told me if I will not render 30days, I might go as well AWOL. I felt like was bullied when she said that "Are you resigning because you got money? Because it's payday?
If you're not rendering 30 days, I'll tell you, I doubt if there's a company out there who'll accept you."  In that situation,I broke down in tears and I feel threatened. Since I had no choice, I agreed to render 30 days but I also felt I was coerced. I didn't come back to work the next day and traveled to Mindanao. I called in everyday to let them know that I can't still report back to work.
Two weeks later, I came back to office and I explained my side and gave them a written explanation. Five days later, the 'notice of decision' was termination.

I've been applying for a job for the last two weeks and I kept on failing on background check or during the interview (duh, the word termination, they hate it)
I understand that we need to follow 30 days notice, I've been a really good employee of them. My record with them is excellent. My question is, do I have a case? I just want them to rectify my  status since it's hindering me from getting a job.

Was your resignation letter RECEIVED (not approved)? Was it duly received by your superior or anyone from the management?

87resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:13 am

ilovepapa

Arresto Menor

oliviapope wrote:Dear All,

I understand that we need to follow 30 days notice, I've been a really good employee of them. My record with them is excellent. My question is, do I have a case? I just want them to rectify my  status since it's hindering me from getting a job.

why not try talking with your previous company first, secure your clearances before thinking of claims. its just a suggestion

88resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:16 am

ilovepapa

Arresto Menor

cjsandra17 wrote:I am a private school teacher.. Then i have an offer to bcome a public school teacher but i am still working to the private school without a contract signed.. Is it ok for me to resign on monday?

i think resigning on Monday is okay if you feel the need to do so. however, you are mandated to render a specific time to effect your resignation. good day hope this helps

89resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:18 am

ilovepapa

Arresto Menor

cjsandra17 wrote:Hnd po b pwd kahit n wala n pong magaalaga sa baby q ksi po may 1 year old baby po aq eh wala ng magaalaga sknya

reasons whatever are okay so long as you comply with the contract or those required by law to EFFECT your resignation

90resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:19 am

oliviapope

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:]

Was your resignation letter RECEIVED (not approved)? Was it duly received by your superior or anyone from the management?

They accepted my resignation letter but I don't have my own copy.
They just told me that it's already invalid since I went awol as per HR and I didn't follow the 30days notice as demanded.

They are giving my last pay and COE by July 19..

91resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:33 am

oliviapope

Arresto Menor

Sa mga BPO companies, uso ba yung separation pay (if terminated ang status).?

92resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:19 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

oliviapope wrote:
HrDude wrote:]

They accepted my resignation letter but I don't have my own copy.
They just told me that it's already invalid since I went awol as per HR and I didn't follow the 30days notice as demanded.

They are giving my last pay and COE by July 19..

Hanapin mo yung copy mo at yun ang ebidensya mo. Again, forcing an employee to render a 30-day turnover against his/her will is 'Involuntary Servitude'. As long as natanggap nila resignation letter, approved or not, an employer cannot terminate the employee by reason of 'Job Abandonment' because there must be clear intent to abandonment the job. This fact is discussed in numerous Supreme Court decisions.

93resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:22 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

depends on the reason for termination

94resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:30 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Do refresh my memory on other ground/s for terminating an employee who had gone AWOL beside Abandonment of Work.

95resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:39 pm

oliviapope

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:

Hanapin mo yung copy mo at yun ang ebidensya mo. Again, forcing an employee to render a 30-day turnover against his/her will is 'Involuntary Servitude'. As long as natanggap nila resignation letter, approved or not, an employer cannot terminate the employee by reason of 'Job Abandonment' because there must be clear intent to abandonment the job. This fact is discussed in numerous Supreme Court decisions.

I don't have copy of my resignation letter but in my written explanation, I have stated that I submitted my resignation letter to Miss HR and we discussed some relevant things. Would that be enough? Because I am skeptical in defending my side because they're quite manipulative. I don't want things to go south - I just hope this won't backfire on me. I am planning to see legal advisor but before I'll do that I need to know more inputs about my situation. Thank you.

96resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:40 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Are you asking me? my reply was in response to her question regarding separation pay.

eto po yung pwedeng reasons:

2. May an employer dismiss an employee? What are the grounds?

Yes. An employer may dismiss an employee on the following just causes:

a) serious misconduct;

b) willful disobedience;

c) gross and habitual neglect of duty;

d) fraud or breach of trust;

e) commission of a crime or offense against the employer, his family or representative;

f) other similar causes.

3. Are there other grounds for terminating an employment? What are they?

Yes. The other grounds are authorized causes:

a) installation of labor-saving devices;

b) redundancy;

c) retrenchment to prevent losses;

d) closure and cessation of business; and

e) disease / illness.

97resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:42 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Under #2 no separation pay.

98resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:48 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

oliviapope wrote:
HrDude wrote:

I don't have copy of my resignation letter but in my written explanation, I have stated that I submitted my resignation letter to Miss HR and we discussed some relevant things. Would that be enough? Because I am skeptical in defending my side because they're quite manipulative. I don't want things to go south - I just hope this won't backfire on me. I am planning to see legal advisor but before I'll do that I need to know more inputs about my situation. Thank you.

No, this is not enough. Even Ms. HR can deny talking to you moreso talking about your resignation.

99resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:50 pm

bakibalmeo

Arresto Menor

good day , can someone please advise on my immediate resignation, warehouse clerk po ako s isang company s paranaque for almost 5 years, s tagal pong un ndi ako pinapirma o nka pirma ng kahit anong kontrata s kompanya at wala dn pong sss, philhealth o pag ibig, last month po nagka opportunity ako n mkakita ng ibang trabaho kaya nag resign po ako immediately, ok lng po b pagka resign ko n un without turn over ? your advice will be much appreciated , salamat po

100resigning immediately - Page 4 Empty Re: resigning immediately Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:55 pm

oliviapope

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:

No, this is not enough. Even Ms. HR can deny talking to you moreso talking about your resignation.

an HR office acknowledged my written explanation with a signature? God, I'm hopeless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum