Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination immediately after a 30 day suspension

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

alexa888

Arresto Menor

Hi I hope someone here can help me. I was asked to sign a resignation letter by my employer (graceful exit) because of my allegedly poor performance and something I did that actually merits dismissal from the company according to our COC. However, the latter was resolved by the parties involved and the verdict for me was a 30 day suspension. However, before the last day of my suspension, my supervisor contacted me and asked me to hand in my resignation because they have reviewed my case and performance and they deem me as a candidate for termination and they asked me to sign a resignation letter instead which I did as I thought I am left with no choice. However some of my peers who are well versed with labor laws advised me to appeal my case to DOLE. Then the employer said that the suspension was a 30 day preventive suspension pending investigation but it was not made clear to me and was not stipulated on the memo given to me. I hope someone can advise me regarding this matter. Thanks

attyLLL

you may be validly preventively suspended for a max of 30 days. it is not a punishment, but a way for the company to protect itself if you are a clear threat.

if you wish to contest your suspension or dismissal, then the remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

alexa888

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply. However, should they not make that clear to me especially on the paper work they have given me? Our company (especially our power-tripping manager) has this habit of finding fault in people she does not like and suspending people left and right. I even had a co-worker who was suspended for 15 days since our manager said it was already his second offense when he was not even punished on his first offense.

attyLLL

it should be clear that you are being preventively suspended, but it doesn't have to say how long.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum