Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

redundancy and redeployment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1redundancy and redeployment Empty redundancy and redeployment Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:54 pm

thumper_san

Arresto Menor

Hello Everyone,

Good Day. Requesting for your inputs on this. Last week, the management has announced that some of our departments will be transferred to India and the effective last day should be March 31. They also told us that they will try to have everyone redeployed by then. However, the setup would be like this: if we are not redeployed by March 31, we are entitled to severance pay. If they offered the employees any role (regardless of location, shift, and/or job fit) and the employee does not accept, it will be counted as a resignation and will not be entitled to severance. I would just like to check if the management is legally allowed to do this.

Thank you!

2redundancy and redeployment Empty Re: redundancy and redeployment Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:50 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

thumper_san wrote:Hello Everyone,

Good Day. Requesting for your inputs on this. Last week, the management has announced that some of our departments will be transferred to India and the effective last day should be March 31. They also told us that they will try to have everyone redeployed by then. However, the setup would be like this: if we are not redeployed by March 31, we are entitled to severance pay. If they offered the employees any role (regardless of location, shift, and/or job fit) and the employee does not accept, it will be counted as a resignation and will not be entitled to severance. I would just like to check if the management is legally allowed to do this.

Thank you!

Yes.

They can legally reassign you to any position or location as long as you are paid the proper amount (non diminution of benefits).

And if you don't take it, the only option is your resignation. It's not their fault that you do not want the job.

http://www.councilviews.com

3redundancy and redeployment Empty Re: redundancy and redeployment Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Kanos

Arresto Menor

our HR is requesting for a fit to work certificate from me because they are offering me a graveyard shift even though i have been in the day shift for many years. Is this valid? or can I just say that no i am not interested in a graveyard shift?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum