Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Availment of Emergency Leaves

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Availment of Emergency Leaves Empty Availment of Emergency Leaves Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:42 pm

ACS

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have 5 days emergency leaves, and I avail 2 of them last Glenda Typhoon as I was residing in Imus Cavite and our area was hit by the "eye of the storm".

Our HR team is only accepting 1 EL because as per policy, we can only avail 1-EL at a time and 2nd day should be filed as VL.

My question is:
1. I'm unaware of the company policy regarding 1EL per time and it's not indicated in my contact that such policy exist, can I dispute their claim?

2. The HR team requested a Brgy. Certificate to authenticate my residency. I filed the necessary documents, but in the end, they still decline my 2nd day EL. On a worst case, can I file a case in DOLE if they won't consider my dispute?

3. What case can I file against my company?

Thanks!

2Availment of Emergency Leaves Empty Re: Availment of Emergency Leaves Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:07 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Check company policy first.

1. You can dispute to the point of clarification. Ask for a copy of the pertinent regulation. If you're unaware, then you are being made aware already by the HR team.

2. They ask for a Brgy cert to authenticate your residency - standard procedure. But it's purpose is not just for the 2nd day of EL. Bottom line, no case until the first (above) is cleared.

3. none, unless you plan to consider leaving the company once the case is resolved.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Availment of Emergency Leaves Empty Re: Availment of Emergency Leaves Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:53 am

ACS

Arresto Menor

Noted.

Thanks Council.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum