Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

30 Days Notice Employer wants to extend

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

130 Days Notice Employer wants to extend Empty 30 Days Notice Employer wants to extend Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:10 am

santosAko

Arresto Menor

Hello To All,

I am seeking legal advice regarding this matter. I already sent a notice of resignation 30 days ahead. My employer then want it to be extended to approximately 42 days. Is the action of the employer still legal? or am i required to render all those 42 days? the problem for me is that my next employer is expecting me to be with them after 30 days. Any advise would help

Thanks,
RjSantos

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

If they already agreed with the 30 day notice, they cant force you to extend

santosAko

Arresto Menor

Actually in my contract it is stated there that i need to have 30 days notice. the problem is when i send my resignation letter they want it to be more than the 30 days. they are saying about i need to have the proper turnover. that they say need more than 30 days but for my own evaluation it can even done within a week. I would be happy if someone can send me any reference maybe by law on how can i handle this or if I can handle this.

thanks so much

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Art. 285. Termination by employee.

An employee may terminate without just cause the employee-employer relationship by serving a written notice on the employer at least one (1) month in advance. The employer upon whom no such notice was served may hold the employee liable for damages.

x x x

There is nothing in this paragraph which states that there must be a turnover first.

GAwin na ang turnover within the 30 days.

Otherwise kung wala ka na on the 31st day wala na mahahabol sa iyo.

Probably ayaw lang magbigay ng LAST PAY o CLEARANCE.

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

30 days lang ang required sa law.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum