Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memo within 30-days Notice?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Memo within 30-days Notice? Empty Memo within 30-days Notice? Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm

UndrneathUrShrt

Arresto Menor

Hi all, just out of curiosity. My colleague, who claims he took up LAW during college, told me that NO EMPLOYER can file a memo (i.e. for absenteeism) against an employee who's only tendering his 30 days notice. Is this true?

2Memo within 30-days Notice? Empty Re: Memo within 30-days Notice? Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

what do you mean sir? for example, an employee files a resignation.. 30 days notice.. then he doesn't come in for that 30 days? he's still an employee for the 30 days and if he doesn't report to work, he is considered absent unless he has leave credits and the company agrees for him to use it.

as he is already resigning, the company might not file a memo against him, but the company can hold his last pay and clearance.

3Memo within 30-days Notice? Empty Re: Memo within 30-days Notice? Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 pm

UndrneathUrShrt

Arresto Menor

Thank you po sa response. Well, what happened po kase is, I submitted my letter of resignation on the 28th of January this year, so my resignation is effective 28th of February. Pero I did not report to work one day last week. I notified my immediate supervisor naman about my absence ahead of time so hindi po ako NCNS. The problem is, I did not have a med certificate to present at that time, so ang sabi po mememohan ako (Oddly though, it's been almost a week now and wala pang memo na pine-present sakin). And then one of my colleagues nga po told me na kung sakali daw na bigyan ako ng memo, I can use it against the company dahil bawal daw po yun. May katotohanan po ba yun?

4Memo within 30-days Notice? Empty Re: Memo within 30-days Notice? Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

di ko maintindihan kung bakit bawal? in what sense? on the first place, kasalanan mo.. dahil kasi mag re resign ka na? again, employee ka pa din and you have to abide by the company's rules.. pero i dont think kahit issue-han ka pa nila nang memo eh pwede nila i hold yung last pay mo.. kasi 1 araw ka lang naman nag absent..

5Memo within 30-days Notice? Empty Re: Memo within 30-days Notice? Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 pm

attyLLL

imo, it is still possible to do so. mean and vindictive, but still possible

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum