Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer requiring 60 days notice

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Employer requiring 60 days notice Empty Employer requiring 60 days notice Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 pm

dreinal13

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this, here's my situation. I have filed my resignation last December 15, 2014 and have stated in my letter that my resignation is effective on January 15, 2015 (30 days notice). Our Sr. HR Manager, my boss, is asking for me to complete 60 days notice for me to be cleared of all of my accountabilities. Here's the problem, I have already talked to my future employer regarding this and they cannot accommodate to have me on a later date since I will be coming in as an expat and if I do move my start date, there will be no guarantee that they will still be allowed to take in an expat for the position.

Here's to summarize the facts:
-With my current employer, 60 days notice is indicated in the Employment Contract.
-With my future employer, I have signed and agreed upon to start on January 19, 2015.
-It was said to me by my boss that my clearance would be held-off if I fail to render 60 days notice.

My main concern now is am I really bound to render 60 days or, as per the Labor Code, can I opt for 30 days only? What about my clearance? Can I hold it against them if they don't clear me of all accountabilities  if I really stick with 30 days?

I forgot to mention that in the employment contract I have signed with my future employer, the first clause of the contract is that until my commencement date, (January 19, 2015) they will be contacting my current employer to get a satisfactory commendation. Failure to secure a satisfactory commendation will result for them to retract the offer and void the contract.

On one end, I obviously don't want to burn any bridges, especially since I am in good terms especially with my team and my immediate supervisor. on the other hand, I would also like for my next employment to go off as smooth as possible, and although I am willing to just render 30 days since I really want the work, but again, my current employer is holding me for it.

Thanks in advance for all the inputs!

More power and God bless you all!

2Employer requiring 60 days notice Empty Re: Employer requiring 60 days notice Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:40 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

The Labor Code requirement of 30 days is only the minimum.

The employment contract stating 60 days would supersede that since you signed it.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Employer requiring 60 days notice Empty Re: Employer requiring 60 days notice Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:22 am

attyLLL

try to negotiate a shorter period for a notice period but in my opinion, if push comes to shove, the 30 day period stated in the labor code will prevail

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum