Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment between British and Filipina

+2
attyjoyce
ARSL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annulment between British and Filipina Empty Annulment between British and Filipina Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:24 am

ARSL

Arresto Menor

I am married in the Philippines with a Filipina. We are not legally separated but she has a child with another guy, and I have a live-in partner. I was a plain British citizen when we got married. She was 19 and I was 22, and her family convinced me to fake our marriage for the sake of their church. We submitted fake documents, even my birthcertificate was fake, I did not submit my birthcert fr UK, instead a fake bcert fr the Philippines. I really thought that it was a void marriage until I tried to get CENOMAR fr NSO, i found out that i have a record of marriage with her. UK allows me to file divorce, and if I do, will the Philippines declare that i am not married. Divorce in UK is much cheaper than annulment in the Philippines though. Help please. I am now 34 with my live-in partner. She is living in with another guy as well, and they have a child. Thank you.

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

I suggest you file divorce in the UK. Once you have it, file a petition for recognition of foreign divorce in the Philippines so your record of marriage in the Philippines will be removed.

http://www.domingo-law.com

3Annulment between British and Filipina Empty Re: Annulment between British and Filipina Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:56 am

Caring Father

Arresto Menor

I have a question on this please Atty

I am British also, married under Philippine Law (Civil ceremony)

My wife and I have not seen each other for nearly 4 years and I wish to be free of her as it was a mistake marrying a woman who I found out to be of " immoral values" and I know she has another relationship with a foreigner and is having/has had a child by him.

Not interested in filing adultery/concubinage as I have tried to go to her family to ask and all I get are threats with machetes and handguns

Better for my health to stay away and file divorce

My marriage was never registered in UK.

Is it possible for me to file for divorce in UK from here as I am Permanent Resident living in Philippines

Any help appreciated

rimyrf79

rimyrf79
Arresto Menor

Yes, you may file divorce under your national law. The Philippine law on marriage does not preclude foreigners to obtain a decree of divorce; [o]n the contrary, things would have been different had the divorce was filed by your Filipino wife instead, the same being contrary to public policy under Philippine law.

Caring Father

Arresto Menor

Many thanks for your reply

One last thing

Can I apply for divorce from here via British embassy or must I return to UK ?

mary luna

Arresto Menor

I was married to a British a decade ago. i found out that he was married through a 2 page page paper i saw of what looks like an application of nullity and child custody. i saw the mother of the child and was even entrusted to care for their child from time to time while the mother is sorting out things abroad. was i right to assume and consider that our marriage is null and void and does not exist even if got a marriage a certificate from NSO? years ago?

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

http://deborjalaw.com/2009/04/11/philippine-annulment-top-ten-10-questions/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum