Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unauthorized Use of Name

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unauthorized Use of Name Empty Unauthorized Use of Name Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:20 pm

danielleyukigami

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir/Madam,

My previous employer had asked me to take an accreditation exam to be a licensed purchaser of psychological examinations. After passing the said exams, I signed a contract with the accreditation body and was able to purchase psych.exams. Part of the contract states that it is my responsibility to endorse a replacement in the event that I will be leaving the company. If no replacement has been identified, all purchased materials shall be sealed in a box and forwarded to the licensed distributor of the examinations. Failure to do so may result to imprisonment. After this, I was able to purchase psych.exams. I usually made the order through phone and then a messenger picks it up. But, the messenger should have an authorization letter bearing my signature and my ID signifying that I am authorizing our messenger to pick-up the exams on my behalf.

I left my previous employer last April 2010. I did have a replacement but I was not able to endorse him as my replacement to the accreditation body of the licensed distributor of psych exams. I was confident that the company will make the endorsement because they were the ones who endorsed me before.

Confident that the company endorsed my replacement, I called the distributors of psych.exams to inquire for the requirements I need to present in order to re-accredit myself again. I was told by the representative of the distributors that a purchase of psych exams under my name was made August 2010. I was not aware I made a purchase since it has been 5 months already since I left the company. Furthermore, I don't know how they were able to acquire the exams since they need to present an authorization letter with my signature and my ID before they can pick-up the exams.

My questions are:

1. Can I sue my previous employer for using my name to purchase examinations without my knowledge?
2. Can the distributors sue me as well for failure to notify them of resignation with my previous employer?
3. Can my old employer file a case against me?

Will appreciate your advise. Thank you.

2Unauthorized Use of Name Empty Re: Unauthorized Use of Name Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:23 pm

attyLLL

what are these psych exams used for? is it possible that there is a document which was falsified in order to make the order?

1) i'd say yes, but you will have to prove that they actually did and what damages you suffered by it.
2) they will have to prove what damages they suffered by it, and i find it unlikely that they would file a case against you
3) i don't see what breach you made that they could do so

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Unauthorized Use of Name Empty Re: Unauthorized Use of Name Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 pm

danielleyukigami

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your response.

The examinations are used for intelligence and aptitude testing of candidates. Mostly for recruitment purposes.

With regards to the documentation of falsification, the distributor has a record which reflects that I purchase under my name was made August 2010. I left my previous employer April 2010.

4Unauthorized Use of Name Empty Re: Unauthorized Use of Name Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:41 pm

attyLLL

for a charge of falsification to prosper, the person who pretended to be you should have signed that doc.

can you identify the specific person who pretended to be you?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum