Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Empty UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:32 am

1delacruz

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Im working in BPO industry and been with the company for 3 years as regular employee. However, my employer issued a notice of decision for the termination of my employment today.

Summary of the incident:
*I was out for 5 days due to some medical related concern
*I was only able to consult a doctor on the 4th day I was out.
*during the 5 days I was continuosly notifying my immediate superior about my status thru sms.
*My managaer tried to contacte me howerver, I was not able to answer my phone during the days I was out.
*my medcert indicates that I need to rest for 2 to 3 days.
*This is the first time I was issued an NTE and decision

Company Take on my absences:
3 days were not valid due to unauthorized absences since I only had myself checked on the 4th day I was out.
there for my case was for termination.

Company's Handbook states:
Absences without proper notice or authorization for two (2) days or more, regardless if it consecutive or intermittent and despite instructions or communication to return to work from immediate superior, shall be considered as Abandonment of Work

Would this be an  illegal  termination? hope you can help me on this.

More power to all of you!

2UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Empty Re: UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:35 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

You might have a good chance to win a case here when you file a complaint with DOLE.

It might not necessarily be illegal termination though if they followed due process.

http://www.councilviews.com

3UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Empty Re: UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:40 pm

1delacruz

Arresto Menor

@council. Thanks for the help. Im really planning to file a case on this.

since I had gone under nte,hearing and decision. Do you think this case will fall under Constructive dismissal?

4UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Empty Re: UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:42 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

1delacruz wrote:@council. Thanks for the help. Im really planning to file a case on this.

since I had gone under nte,hearing and decision. Do you think this case will fall under Constructive dismissal?

No.

http://www.councilviews.com

5UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Empty Re: UNAUTHORIZED ABSENCES_TERMINATION? Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:42 pm

1delacruz

Arresto Menor

Maraming salamat po sa quick response nyo atty. Asked ko lng po under our labor law ano po bang pwd maging kaso ng company ko sa pag terminate sa akin? Thank in advance po.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum