Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Promise to Marry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breach of Promise to Marry Empty Breach of Promise to Marry Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:49 pm

wordsmithpro

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I am a 47 year old Filipina engaged to a 62 year old American man. we have been engaged for almost 3 years and decided to marry next month. He retired 2 months ago as a nurse in the US and wanted to settle down here in the country as his retirement pension is small. He arrived in the country last Nov 8 and last week had a bout with Dengue. He was in the hospital for 4 days. we had scheduled our wedding for Dec 20 and our Marriage License was released today. After he was released from the hospital he told me to cancel our wedding because he wants to go back to the US and connect with his siblings who he hadn't seen in 16 years. At first he said he will be back in 6 months but the license is only good for 120 days. He asked his siblings to buy him a ticket so he could fly home. My guess is he got cold feet.

My question is this: Can I take legal action for the breach of promise to marry? I have been humiliated and the shame of having terminated the marriage plans is causing me undue stress.

please i need your expert advise.

Thank you and more power

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum