Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

what case can i file related to bridge of promise to marry?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

teardrops2013

Arresto Menor

I had a live in partner for 4 years now, he is a marine engineer, we have a 3yrs old daughter, we have a plan of getting married after his contract from the ship, and now that he here we have prepared everything for our wedding and just waiting for the wedding day, he suddenly had a change of mind saying he doesnt want to marry me anymore, and i was totally devastated to what he said after all those years we've shared was dumped just like that, and the fact that all the around us was already invited for the wedding, i wanted to know on what case should i file against him for the damages he will cause me, and the fact that he have ruined my name and reputation. I dont know how will i face this matter but i know that i need to be strong for my daughter. Please guide me..

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Unfortunately, this things happens at least he didn't do it on your wedding day. Sorry to hear this! off hands I doubt you can sue him for anything. I know rejection is painful, but you have to get over it!

teardrops2013

Arresto Menor

You mean i cant ask for any damages?

attyLLL

no damages can arise from a breach of a promise to marry. you can ask for payment for any expenses you made for preparations for the wedding, but for the emotional distress, i'm afraid none can be had.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

teardrops2013

Arresto Menor

Hindi b pwedeng maincorporate dun ang RA 9262? Dahil sa kahihiyang idinulot ng nya sa akin...

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You are not his wife/partner with children that he abuse physically or emotionally. You will have difficulties to prove all of your accusation with regards to emotional disturbance. You are not the only case, people do change their mind in the last second even when you are just about to saythe words "I do" you have a choice to change your mind as taking vow and accepting commitments is not something easy to do. We all have a chance and even the priest will ask first before ending the wedding if there is someone who is against the ceremony he is doing.

teardrops2013

Arresto Menor

Meron bang mga shelter na pwede kong tirhan for a while with my daughter? Coz i really dont know kung papaano ko sasagutin at haharapin yung mga taong nakapaligid sa akin, i wanted to disappear for a while..i dont have a job right now dahil pinahinto nya ko sa work to take care of our child.

attyLLL

why hide? you are not the bad guy in this scenario. hiding will make him happy.

he is still required to provide support to your daughter. if he fails, then you can file a case for economic abuse under ra 9262

teardrops2013

Arresto Menor

I can face the pain of losing him, ang masakit is yung kahihiyang idinulot nya sa akin at sa aking pamilya. Thanks for the replies sir attyLLL you have enlightened me. For the child support po ba dapat in black in white ang usapan namin? He earns really good
Meron po bang percentage sa salary na dapat ay obligadong binibigay sa anak?

attyLLL

there is no fixed formula in the ph. you can look up the formula the use in australia.

make a computation of monthly expenses, add schooling and contingencies for medical emergency

and imo, better not to be legally bound to this guy who didn't have the fortitude to fight for your family.

teardrops2013

Arresto Menor

Thank you sir...

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Oh! dear, I missed the child in your story! Of course you can sue him for RA9262 as AttyLLL said. Also time will go by, learn to ignore the people who look bad on you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum