Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

breach of promise to marry and defamation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cruelchicks

Arresto Menor

My name is Lee,

I want to ask questions about breach of promise to marry and defamation.
Will I have a chance to win given this scenario?

I was supposed to be married today thru a civil wedding but the groom backed out and gave us his final decision only two days ago. He claims that he wants to postpone the wedding because he is not ready financially but he couldn’t provide a date as to when he wants it to be rescheduled.

There was no force used to plan this wedding, both of us agreed to do it on this date. We planned for it for almost a month, applied and were given a marriage license, announced and gave out invitations to family and friends, we even invited a few councilors and our congressman because my mom works for them and also bought everything that will be needed for the wedding except for the food to be served.

Me and my family are deeply hurt with what happened and we are now subject of social humiliation.
I would appreciate any help/advise that you can provide.
More power, God Bless!

attyLLL

so sorry to hear it, but at least you aren't here a month later asking about annulment.

a breach of a promise to marry is not actionable, but he can be liable for the expenses incurred in preparation for the wedding.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3breach of promise to marry and defamation Empty thank you Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:32 pm

cruelchicks

Arresto Menor

thank you for your prompt reply. I was really looking forward to getting as much details as I could. I don't want to file a case if it would cause me more harm than good.

Based on your reply he can be liable for the expenses incurred for the wedding preparations, but can he also be sued for defamation?

I want him to learn his lesson the hard way so that he may never do it again to others.

attyLLL

slander is the utterance of defamatory remarks in public against a particular person. did he do that? or do you refer to your family's shame after he backed out? if the latter, i can't say there's a case to be made there.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum