Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Promise to Marry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breach of Promise to Marry Empty Breach of Promise to Marry Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:13 am

cart64

Arresto Menor

I am a foreign fiancee and have been engaged to a Filipino lady for over a year. While waiting for the paperwork to be processed, I have been staying in the US. We were engaged in September 2012 and I have been back to see her three times. I have given her money to support her and her two children since we have been engaged with the understanding that we were to be married. I also paid for other items that she needed as per her requests. As is required to process her VISA she signed a notarized statement to her intentions to marry me. In April 2013 she meet an old acquaints and without my knowledge began a relationship with him. She went to great lengths to hide this relationship. It was during this time that her request for additional money began to occur. Her new boyfriend was aware of her engagement to me, and continued to pursue a relationship with her. In September 2013 an embassy number was given and she then decided to break off the engagement. At first she was unwilling to give me an answer as to why she was ending our relationship, but she finally confessed that she started seeing this other person in April and was more in love with him than me.
My question is, do I have legal recourse against her boyfriend for interfering with our relationship? Do I have recourse against her for all the support I gave with the understanding that she was to be my wife? Is this considered a Breach of Promise to Marry?
Thank you in advance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum