Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bathroom Breaks and OT Breaks Deducted From Basic Pay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ira Raphael Vergara

Arresto Menor

I am currently working in a BPO company. We have just been informed that there is a new rule they are implementing. If you are going to render OT less than 9.5 hours, all the breaks you will get will not be paid. For example, you are required to render a 4 hour time OT, if you were given I think a well deserved 15 minute break, it will be deducted from the total OT hours you worked for. You will only be paid for 3.45 hours.
Plus since we are working on a 9.5 hour shift per day, they said that if we are going to use BATHROOM BREAKS which is normally 3 to 4 minutes , they will automatically deduct the minutes we spent on it, when oftentimes we are not allowed to use bathroom breaks for a long period of time (4 to 7 hours).
Question:
1. Is it legal for the company to deduct the time spent on bathroom breaks from their employees?

2. Is it legal to dock the 15 minute short break from the total hours of work?

Thank you.

attyLLL

the law requires that the employer provide a paid 15 minute break every 4 hours. you can file an anonymous complaint at the nearest dole filed office.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Ira Raphael Vergara

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much attyLLL!!!

4Bathroom Breaks and OT Breaks Deducted From Basic Pay Empty What if Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:11 pm

summer97

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:the law requires that the employer provide a paid 15 minute break every 4 hours. you can file an anonymous complaint at the nearest dole filed office.
What if your paid 15 minute break is already over? you already consumed it? and  you badly needed it...?

attyLLL

it's company discretion after that

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum