Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

up to 16 hrs work with no breaks?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1up to 16 hrs work with no breaks? Empty up to 16 hrs work with no breaks? Sun May 05, 2013 7:53 pm

kristineuna

Arresto Menor

Hi, I

I'm working in a Call Center, kami yung electronic processing data part ng isang Bank.
We do customer service for credit card holders and bank account holders.

I transferred to Fraud Department, I do outbound calls to verify transactions (credit card)

Anyway, ang concern ko po kasi is regarding our schedule. There was a time, around 2010 to early 2012, ang schedule namin pag Saturday and Sundays ay walang LUNCH breaks and 15 minute breaks.

Nasa contract po namin na eligible kami for those breaks.

Before, we were not aware na bawal pala yun. Akala namin ok lang. We are just 6 in that department and kelangan namin i-man yung system 24/7.

nagkaron kame ng problems in filing leaves, kasi may mga pagkakataon na kapag may isang nag leave, mawawalan ng tao sa department na yun. Though willing kami sa shifting schedules, minsan nagkakaroon ng time na nag double shift (16hrs) ang ilan sa amin, lalo na kapag may isang umabsent, ng walang breaks po yun.

Nag stop lang yon dahil nalaman ng HR namin. Kinausap kame ng VP namen and apologized for what happened, she said they were not aware. Then binigyan nya kami each ng 1000php worth ng gift card from The Spa, ang reason nya, is para makabawi sila sa stress and anxiety na naranasan namen over the years kapag wala kaming breaks. Ang solution nila is dagdagan ang tao (pero back up lang) para makapag cover ng lunch breaks and leaves or kapag may uamaabsent.

Naging okay nung una, so ni let go ko na lang. Hanggang sa ung ibang dinagdag nila na baack up eh nag resign na. At ndi ni sila nag train ng mga panibagong tao as back up.

So over the months, may mga pagkakataon na naman na ang ilan sa amin ndi nakakapag take ng break dahil mawawalan ng tao sa dept.

Pwede ko pa kaya ireklamo ito sa NLRC? Kasi po, kinausap ko ung boss namin since January kung pwede kami dagdagan, and yet ang sagot nya, is hindi pa ngayon, dahil ung dept na kukuhanan ng back up eh saktong sakto lang ang tao. Ndi din daw nila ma justify na kelangan kami dagdagan dahil nammeet namen ang metrics kahit konti lang kami. Well in fact kaya naman namin nammeet yun is kasi nga sina sacrifice namin yung breaks namen, para na din sa sarili naming score card.

Sana po matulungan nyo ko. Malaking company po kasi ito and ayoko pong basta basta gumawa ng reklamo.

2up to 16 hrs work with no breaks? Empty Re: up to 16 hrs work with no breaks? Sun May 05, 2013 8:07 pm

attyLLL

i recommend you put your concerns in writing and try to deal with HR first. and document the times no break is taken so you can quantify when they happened.

you can later raise it with the nearest dole office.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3up to 16 hrs work with no breaks? Empty Re: up to 16 hrs work with no breaks? Sun May 05, 2013 8:13 pm

kristineuna

Arresto Menor

thanks for the advice.

I have a copy naman po of the monthly schedule they send from 2011 to 2012.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum