Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

USA VISA inquiry Please HELP.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:07 pm

izzaapril17

izzaapril17
Arresto Menor

GOOD DAY EVERYONE

HI po,
I am 28 years old single mom. I just want to ask about visas re USA
here is the case.

I met a guy thru my bestfriend who is in the states right now, me and this guys became friends and dated, we both have the connection we did get along well and fall in love.
Until one day he asked me to get married.
But that was those days i was depressed/stressed and dont know what to do since my sister is fighting with cancer. And shes not coping much.
So i declined his offer.
He got wounded and being a guy with too much ego he did looked for someone else.
Yes he met someone else, and when he got back early this year around january he applied for fiancee visa for that girl cause she thinks i did get another guy since i wasnt able to commuicate with him dahil nag stay ako with my sis in province.
Until come march he tried calling me kasi he said he just need to be sure hes doing the right thing, i never told him whats happening with me, kasi i dont want him to feel sorry but i knew what was happening to him since his mom and sister and i are friends.

When he talks to me just asking how i am and all this kumustahan,after a week he then sent me a very long letter saying how sorry he was and that he made wrong choices because of jealousy and ego.
Anyway,early this month he got a letter telling him that they can continue with the process wherein the girl will receive a letter on her schedule for interview and stuffs...
He cancelled it recently.
And ask me to marry him.
At this moment in my life i have never been so sure so i said yes. Our marriage will take place in Hongkong by the end of the month next month till early Sept.

Natatakot lang kami if the fiancee visa he applies for the girl can be a factor on if he applies spouse visa for me just right after we get married..I took up a pre law degree too, and though i know that getting married legally can eliminate whatever process he took before that,natatakto pa din kami .And how long does this process usually take, were actually wanting to stay togethere soonish.. we dont have any idea kung gano katagal ang process. And kung meron po bang spouse visas nanadedeny ?
another thing, pag kinasal na kami, kaylangan ko po ba papalitan ang passport ko at palitan na ang last name ko?
SAlamat ng madami.
More power to this site..
This is just awesome..
Helping people with free assistance.. Wow.
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven I love you

2USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty Re: USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

The previous fiancee visa he applied will be ignored if he apply a spouse visa for you. Good move getting married in HongKong as this is the easiest way because if he intend to get another fiancee visa in order to marry you in the US this can be denied. As for a spouse visa, all he need to do is to prove that he can take care of you financially when you move to US and all the supporting documents has to be provided. before hand, you have to have your Philippine passport "pagtatakda" page ammended to your spouse name declaring you are his wife. How to do this? submit a copy and authenticated marriage certificate from NSO to DFA to have it ammended. This will only be a stamp on your "pagtatakda" page saying you are Mrs. so and so and is married to Mr. so and so!
After that is been done, he can use all this as supporting documents to apply you a spouse visa or if you wish a new passport and use his surname you can also do this by submitting your present passport and your authenticated marriage certificate from NSO saying you wish to change your surname from your husband surname.

3USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty Re: USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:32 am

izzaapril17

izzaapril17
Arresto Menor

@ AWV

do u have any idea po how long this process will take.
i dont have any idea, how long will it take or what are the next steps after we get married in hongkong.

Well actually after getting married there in HK
we will need to go to our respective embassies to have pass the registry of marriage
that the HK immigration/government will hand us right after the ceremony.
Some of the blogs i checked said,
it may take 1 to 2 months..
it depends really..
Then after that i dont know what else to do Smile

Thank you so much this is quite big help Smile

Oh by the way its really hard to do this since,
My parents is not here, nor can be found. Smile
So really this is much appreciated

4USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty Re: USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:36 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

My wife's Auntie got married in HongKong with an American too and it took 3 weeks for the HongKong Municipal to verify his single status (they never verify her but still, bring your Cenomar along with you to avoid any delays.) Right after the confirmation, they got married.
After getting married submit a copy of your marriage cert to US and Philippines Embassy in HongKong. If you wish to speed it up go both US and Phils. Embassy and have it stamped or go back to philippines and submit one at NSO. and at the US Embbassy.
You are 28 years old therefore you don't need your parents concent. Congrats! cheers 

5USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty Re: USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:01 pm

izzaapril17

izzaapril17
Arresto Menor

Good Day
Thank you so much about the information Smile

Yes well do this.. Smile

Just one last question or information.
Our fist choice actually is getting married here.
But i have read in blogs that getting married here civil with a foreign guy especially a us citizen
he have to stay here at least 18-20 days.
He cant stay here or have a vacation more than a week.
A week is what he can do for his vacation.

But yesterday i get to talk to one of my friends.
She got married with a guy from netherland.
And it took them only 2 days to process 3rd day is the main event Smile

Can this happen also? Since Hongkong marriage is not cheap.
If we could do that we might be able to save some for the process of our spouse visa after the mrriage..
Thanks po talaga..
Sobra sobrang thank you..
God Bless you

6USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty Re: USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:01 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Of course you can!

7USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty Re: USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 pm

izzaapril17

izzaapril17
Arresto Menor

wow in just a week stay for him here we can get married?
How?
i guess i should start asking our municipality then if thats possible.. Smile

8USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Empty Re: USA VISA inquiry Please HELP. Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:40 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Good luck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum