Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

submitted a resignation letter but given a termination on the exit clearance

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

danica

Arresto Menor

hi.. i worked on an architectural firm in manila.. in our company, relationship with other employees is not allowed as they have said on the orientation (but not stated on the office manual/policies)ive submitted a resignation letter (april 13,2013) because ther is a forming relationship between me and another employee.. but we are not officially in a relationship.. then on april 17,2013.. the hr head, the accounting head, and the head of our team talked to me and gave me an exit clearance with the mark TERMINATION.. not resignation. is it possible that even i have submitted a resignation letter, they will terminate me? please i need an advice.. thank you! godbless.

joycejimibayrante

joycejimibayrante
Arresto Mayor

danica wrote:hi.. i worked on an architectural firm in manila.. in our company, relationship with other employees is not allowed as they have said on the orientation (but not stated on the office manual/policies)ive submitted a resignation letter (april 13,2013) because ther is a forming relationship between me and another employee.. but we are not officially in a relationship.. then on april 17,2013.. the hr head, the accounting head, and the head of our team talked to me and gave me an exit clearance with the mark TERMINATION.. not resignation. is it possible that even i have submitted a resignation letter, they will terminate me? please i need an advice.. thank you! godbless.

Hi,

About your resignation last April 13th, was it official? Meaning, your manager signed on the resignation paper with the effective last date? It is not only enough that you submtited the resignation letter, it is the approval of your manager which will make it official.

About your termination and exit interview, get the paper that they gave you. If you havent undergone due processes (notice to explain, admin hearing, etc.) then that is illegal dismissal. Go to NLRC to file for this using all the documents as evidences.

https://www.facebook.com/jimmybayrante?ref=tn_tnmn

joycejimibayrante

joycejimibayrante
Arresto Mayor

joycejimibayrante wrote:
danica wrote:hi.. i worked on an architectural firm in manila.. in our company, relationship with other employees is not allowed as they have said on the orientation (but not stated on the office manual/policies)ive submitted a resignation letter (april 13,2013) because ther is a forming relationship between me and another employee.. but we are not officially in a relationship.. then on april 17,2013.. the hr head, the accounting head, and the head of our team talked to me and gave me an exit clearance with the mark TERMINATION.. not resignation. is it possible that even i have submitted a resignation letter, they will terminate me? please i need an advice.. thank you! godbless.

Hi,

About your resignation last April 13th, was it official? Meaning, your manager signed on the resignation paper with the effective last date? It is not only enough that you submtited the resignation letter, it is the approval of your manager which will make it official.

About your termination and exit interview, get the paper that they gave you. If you havent undergone due processes (notice to explain, admin hearing, etc.) then that is illegal dismissal. Go to NLRC to file for this using all the documents as evidences.

Read this website for proper due processes according to our labor laws.

http://www.kittelsoncarpo.com/philippines-labor-employment/termination-of-employment

https://www.facebook.com/jimmybayrante?ref=tn_tnmn

danica

Arresto Menor

hi joyce!

thanks for your reply.. i think our principal havent signed my resignation letter because he is in the hospital that time.. but the hr head and my team head accepted my resignation letter..

They only talked to me (6pm) April 17,2013 that they will mark my exit clearance "Termination" and gave me reapplication and end of contract because i have worked 5 1/2 months in their company.. but my exit clearance doesnt have a signature of any of them..

attyLLL

imo, a policy prohibiting employees from having relationships (as long as single and consensual) is invalid.

if you want to contest this 'termination' then you can file a complaint at nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

danica

Arresto Menor

oh! how about my resignation letter and then they gave me a termination on my exit clearance.. is that possible?

danica

Arresto Menor

how about my resignation letter and then they gave me a termination on my exit clearance.. is that possible?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

the termination letter is invalid as you have already given your resignation letter..

attyLLL

imo, it wasn't invalid. this was a termination. at first it was constructive, but now they made it an actual termination.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum