Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick Leave will not be credited if no medical certificate provided

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kweku

Arresto Menor

I work for a call center and I have both sick and leave credits accumulated. Last week I had a Gout attack and my foot was swollen so I was not able to go to work for 2 days since I had to take medication to make the swelling go down.

I have had Gout for a few years now, and have medication when it occurs prescribed by a doctor before, I did inform my supervisor as well as workforce beforehand that I will not be able to report because of said ailment.

After 2 days I was back to work, and filed those 2 days as sick leave, they will not credit it as sick leave because I do not have a medical certificate from an accredited hospital for my absence. This is gout, treatable from home since I have the medication, can they force me to provide a medical certificate for it? They will tag me as absent accompanied most probably with a sanction. Need your assistance.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

attyLLL

i find it a reasonable requirement to require a medical certificate. this is one situation where compliance is easier than resistance

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum