Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training Bond

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Training Bond Empty Training Bond Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:36 pm

fbangizm

Arresto Menor

Good day Attorneys,

I'd like to seek your advice regarding this topic?

I was previously employed in a BPO company and the Employment Contract does indicate a training bond of Php 30K+. Given the fact that I can't have the job unless I sign the contract in entirely, I signed. Sad

After 2 months in training and about 1 month on the phones, my employment was "Discontinued" according to their terminology. The reason: my tardiness points exceeded their set limit. At that time, my family experienced financial difficulty to the extent that I borrow money from neighbors and friends just so I can report for work. And since we are all not from well-off families, it's difficult most of the time to secure a 2-way fare money, hence, the tardiness.

Recently, I tried to get my clearance from that company so that I can at least get my backpay. To my surprise, I ended up owing them money instead because of the training bond.

I didn't resigned, they terminated my employment. Is there a legal way to contest the training bond so I can still get my backpay?

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

2employment - Training Bond Empty Re: Training Bond Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 am

paigetaft

Arresto Menor

fbangizm wrote:Good day Attorneys,

I'd like to seek your advice regarding this topic?

I was previously employed in a BPO company and the Employment Contract does indicate a training bond of Php 30K+. Given the fact that I can't have the job unless I sign the contract in entirely, I signed. Sad

After 2 months in training and about 1 month on the phones, my employment was "Discontinued" according to their terminology. The reason: my tardiness points exceeded their set limit. At that time, my family experienced financial difficulty to the extent that I borrow money from neighbors and friends just so I can report for work. And since we are all not from well-off families, it's difficult most of the time to secure a 2-way fare money, hence, the tardiness.

Recently, I tried to get my clearance from that company so that I can at least get my backpay. To my surprise, I ended up owing them money instead because of the training bond.

I didn't resigned, they terminated my employment. Is there a legal way to contest the training bond so I can still get my backpay?

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hindi ka nag iisa ate. Ako din ganyan.. As per job contract if you VOLUNTARILY RESIGNED from your job you hereby authorized to deduct your final to pay the training bond amounting to Php 20,000.00. Siguro malaking tulong ka pag nasagot ito ni Atty. Most of the BPO ngayon ganyan ang terms e.

3employment - Training Bond Empty Re: Training Bond Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:39 pm

attyLLL

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-6855083666886697%3Aswhy8nr9q5q&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=bond&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=bond&gsc.page=1

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4employment - Training Bond Empty BPO bonds Wed May 09, 2012 6:07 am

valpotter

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty,

I just want to ask if this Act has already taken effect. URL: http://www.congress.gov.ph/download/comms_related_15/HB%202592.pdf
and If you could enlighten with Section 10

SECTION 10. Freedom from Company Bond. – It shall be unlawful for any person or
company to compel a BPO worker to commit to a company bond, imposing an exorbitant fee to be paid
by the employee upon leaving the company before a specified length of time.

cause my friend wants to resign but she's still under the company bond.

Thanks for the reply!

5employment - Training Bond Empty Employment bond Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm

mfmurillo

Arresto Menor

Hi to all,

I would like to seek your help regarding employment bond. We have current employees who are on relocation assignment in our offices abroad.
We are planning to implement training bond. Hope you could share the reasonable duration of the training bond to be given to employees who are on overseas assignment for 2 yrs.

6employment - Training Bond Empty Re: Training Bond Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:39 pm

attyLLL

val, afaik, still just a bill

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum