Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination of employment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Termination of employment Empty Termination of employment Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:59 pm

sevenate9

Arresto Menor

Hi PinoyLawyers,

I just want to seek legal advice regarding termination that was done last Monday November 14. I have been an employee since June 1, 2011 and was terminated last Monday due to Poor performance for the last 3 months.

I have been evaluated 3 times and the only time that I was given a poor performance was when they issued the notice of termination. I read the contract that we have signed when we were employed and according to the disciplinary rights, no member of the staff will normally be dismissed for a first offense unless it is so serious that it can be termed Gross Misconduct. Based on the evaluation, I had schedule adherence problem but that was the first time I was informed about it. I signed the notice of termination since I was not given any choice, but to question the evaluation but not accepting the said notice.

My question is, is this really a possible grounds for termination? Do I have a chance to file a case against my previous company? If so, what would be the case against them? I will appreciate any help that you can provide. Let me know if you need further information.

2employment - Termination of employment Empty Re: Termination of employment Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Akbay

Arresto Menor

Contact Center?

3employment - Termination of employment Empty Re: Termination of employment Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Akbay

Arresto Menor

Were you able to receive corrective action notices prior to the incident?

4employment - Termination of employment Empty Re: Termination of employment Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:13 pm

sevenate9

Arresto Menor

Hi Akbay,

Thanks for replying. I'm working as IT in a financial research firm. I did not receive any corrective actions prior to the incident. I had only given 1 instance of poor performance rating.

5employment - Termination of employment Empty Re: Termination of employment Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:35 pm

sevenate9

Arresto Menor

I forgot to mention that I'm in probationary status...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum