Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regarding Holiday Pay of Monthly paid and Daily paid employees.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Soulrave

Arresto Menor

Hello, I need help in determining the actual amount of pay employees receive during holidays. For the daily paid workers (no work no pay) I have no problems computing their holiday pays, but for the Monthly paid employees I am confused on how to compute for their holiday pay.

given:
-minimum wage employee (404 a day)
-works 6 days a week (26 days in a month, sunday is rest day)
-a regular employee that is considered monthly paid employee
-paid semi monthly (5,252 php / payday)

my questions are:
1. If during the first half of the month, there is 1 regular holiday that falls on a working day (monday for example) and the employee did not report to work, would the semi monthly pay that the employee will recieve be equal to 5,252 php still or 5,656(5,252 regular semimonthly rate + 404 holiday pay)?

2. If the employee stated above reported for work on the holiday, would the semi monthly pay be 5,656 (5,252 + 404) or 6,060 ( 5,252 + (404*200%))?

3. If the said employee works on a sunday(8 hours) which is his rest day, would his total semi monthly payment amount to 5,373.20(5,252 + 121.20) or 5,777.20(5,252 + 525.20)?

Thank you Smile

attyLLL

determine first what factor you use in determining how many days in the year the company is paying for.

http://www.nwpc.dole.gov.ph/faq.html

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Soulrave

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply, reading this faq answered alot of my questions and misunderstanding about this topic.

We fall under the daily paid employees "b) For those who do not work and are not considered paid on Sundays or rest days."

using the formula of EEMR = (404*313)/12
so the monthly would be 10,537.67, lets say 10,538.

so the divisor I should be using in determining the daily wage for the employee is 313/12 = 26.08?

so here are my revised questions just for clarifications:

*note: semi monthly would amount to 5,269php.

1. If during the first half of the month there is one(1) special non working holiday and the employee did not report for work, I will deduct 404 from the pay correct?

2. If the said employee reported for work during that special holiday, would he:

-recieve an additonal 525.2php(404*1.3) amounting to a total of 5,794.20 php OR

-receive an additional 121.2php (404*30%) amounting to a total of 5,390.20 php ?

3. Assuming Sunday is the rest day, and the employee reported for work on Sunday(8 hours), would the answer be the same with the answer in question #2?

Tabernaclechoir

Arresto Menor

Im a call center agent who works 5/days a week with 1700 starting basic salary per month. Payroll comes every 14 days. The company uses the factor 21.75 in computing my daily rate. It follows that I'm not paid on Saturday and Sunday but if I work on those days, I am paid 130% of my daily pay rate. I concluded then than I'm a daily paid employee who is entitiled to holiday pay that falls on restday even if it is not worked.

The payroll officer denied my claim for holiday pay for holidays that fall on rest day saying that my contract tells me that Im a monthly-paid employee. The contract does not specify the manner on how my salary is paid. It in only tells that my salary is 17000/month.

Am I correct in saying I am a daily-paid employee who should be paid holiday pay for unworked holidays that fall on rest days?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Special Non Working - means no work no pay, unless there is a company policy saying otherwise. So yes, you will deduct 404.00 if she did not come to work.

2. 30% additional. So 404 x .3 = = 121.20 extra for that day.

3. No, as #2 they are considered paid, and is only entitled to additional 30%. If a worker works on a sunday, that's 404 x 1.3 = 525.20 extra for the sunday work.

Soulrave wrote:
1. If during the first half of the month there is one(1) special non working holiday and the employee did not report for work, I will deduct 404 from the pay correct?

2. If the said employee reported for work during that special holiday, would he:

-recieve an additonal 525.2php(404*1.3) amounting to a total of 5,794.20 php OR

-receive an additional 121.2php (404*30%) amounting to a total of 5,390.20 php ?

3. Assuming Sunday is the rest day, and the employee reported for work on Sunday(8 hours), would the answer be the same with the answer in question #2?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum