Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Case Problem: Probation Law

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Case Problem: Probation Law Empty Case Problem: Probation Law Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:37 pm

matutay

Arresto Menor

Here's the situation given to us by our professor in Criminal law.

B is liable for the issuance of 10 checks that bounced. Each check corresponds 1 year of imprisonment. Therefore, the penalty for B is 10 years.

Probation Law can only be availed by those who are sentenced for imprisonment of less than 6 years.

My professor said that B can avail of the Probation Law, but he asks WHY?

Any inputs on this?

2Case Problem: Probation Law Empty Re: Case Problem: Probation Law Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:17 pm

caw8862

Arresto Menor

Sound judicial discretion will dictate not to let this offender avail the privilege of the Probation law because of his perversity and his tendency to commit again the crime of BP22. It is not ministerial on the part of the judge to grant probation on a convicted felon with prison sentence below six years--it is discretionary upon the judge whether or not he will grant it.

no case law yet on the matter.JMHO

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum