Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

demand letter???

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1demand letter??? Empty demand letter??? Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:59 am

mrahc

Arresto Menor

I received a letter from a law office but I doubt its authenticity because it was sent through JRS Express and the envelope used was secured by a plastic tape with no address in it.

Inside it has a letterhead that I also doubt its logo was just copy-pasted from the internet. Although I already referred the matter to a public attorney, and we agreed to ignore the letter... I still would like to ask you (in writing) if my decision is right?

I was asked to write a written apology to the complainant which I refused to do because the complainant has been harassing me long before I fought back posting things she's been doing in the famous social site.

I can't understand how she's able to view my post whereas it was only visible to one person and the complainant was blocked in my account a long time ago.

could I be jailed/punished for ignoring the letter? Is it true that I will be in more trouble for doing so? help please? thanks a lot. Sad

2demand letter??? Empty Re: demand letter??? Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 am

mrahc

Arresto Menor

I was also threatened there that if I refuse to apologize, they will have my working license be revoked because of an unbecoming conduct?

If the complainant file the case, can I counter it with harassment? Using that letter they sent me...

3demand letter??? Empty Re: demand letter??? Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Arbiter

Arresto Menor

The Public Attorney was right. Just ignore the letter. But just keep it in order to serve as evidence if you wish to file a criminal complaint against the harasser.

You don't have to worry about being imprisoned by not complying with the demand in the letter. There is no such crime in the Revised Penal Code or Special laws for refusing to write an apology. You also don't have to worry about your license being revoked co'z she should still lodge her complaint before the licensing authority and ofcourse you would be notified and you will be given the opportunity to present your side. Just relax. Very Happy

4demand letter??? Empty Re: demand letter??? Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:44 pm

mrahc

Arresto Menor

thank you very much for the help. God bless you!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum