Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are lawyers made or born?

+2
trina
taftavenue
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are lawyers made or born? Empty Are lawyers made or born? Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:43 pm

taftavenue

taftavenue
Arresto Menor

For me, lawyers are made. An aspiring lawyer must undergo extreme pressures
in law school which include rounds of graded recitations and difficult examinations.
Law students must study and understand codal provisions and applicable
jurisprudence. After graduation, one has to hurdle the bar exams. There is no
shortcut in passing the bar. If you want to pass, you have to study smartly and
devote your time and energy to studying. You also have to practice writing neatly,
legibly and fast and with good grammar. You also have to keep abreast with the
latest updates in law and jurisprudence. In short, lawyers are made, not born.
Guys pls share your views Shocked

2Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:33 pm

trina

Arresto Mayor

lawyers are made, not born. The road to become a lawyer is pretty hard. It requires a lot of studying and a lot of skills. You will need to basically go to college for atleast ten years and after you finish with that, you need to hurdle the tough bar examinations. Becoming a lawyer will take you a lot of hard work and money.

3Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:40 am

czea

czea
Arresto Menor

[quote]An aspiring lawyer must undergo extreme pressures
in law school which include rounds of graded recitations and difficult examinations.
Law students must study and understand codal provisions and applicable
jurisprudence. After graduation, one has to hurdle the bar exams. There is no
shortcut in passing the bar. If you want to pass, you have to study smartly and
devote your time and energy to studying. You also have to practice writing neatly,
legibly and fast and with good grammar. You also have to keep abreast with the
latest updates in law and jurisprudence. [quote]

I've read this lines from an Ateneo Law grad... I forgot her name. She has a tragic death. Na publish itong writing niya sa Inquirer. Bumagsak siya sa first take niya kasi cramming siya. Second take pumasa na siya. Her story is very inspiring.

Look na lang sa inq.net.

Born or made I don't care. I just want to pass the bar sa first take for my family's hapiness and to secure my future. Sayang pera, sayang pagod, sayang oras kaya dapat siguraduhing pasado.

But most of the time I think there are two kinds of lawyers. Pag first take ka.. Born to becoma a lawyer ka. Kumbaga destined to become a lawyer. Nasa womb pa lang sila, itinakda na ng diyos na maging abogado siya. YUng mga repeaters They are made. Kumbaga pinagbigyan sila ng diyos at wag nating kalilimutan ang kasabihang "WE ARE THE ONE MAKING OUR OWN DESTINY" But it doesnt matter, so long as the person is a GOOD lawyer.

4Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:08 pm

sanchez roman

Arresto Menor

i think it depends on the point of view of the person looking at it.
for a lawyer who passed the bar on his first take, it may be destiny.
for a struggling law student dreaming to become a lawyer someday,
it may be hard work and persistence.
so which is which. your point of view only depends on the status you have now.
anyway, both are understandable.

5Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:40 pm

sheriff

sheriff
Arresto Menor

[quote="czea"]
"WE ARE THE ONE MAKING OUR OWN DESTINY" But it doesnt matter, so long as the person is a GOOD lawyer.
you hit the nail on the head with this line. very nice clap

6Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:53 pm

sheriff

sheriff
Arresto Menor

sanchez roman wrote:i think it depends on the point of view of the person looking at it.
I totally agree with you.
hard work + persistence + prayers are the key ingredients yo

7Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:39 pm

taftavenue

taftavenue
Arresto Menor

sanchez roman wrote:i think it depends on the point of view of the person looking at it.
@ sanchez roman and czea. choose only 1. wala kaung paninindigan. kain muna kau ng lol!

Are lawyers made or born? Balimbing_bg

8Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:49 pm

czea

czea
Arresto Menor

choose only ONE???? I cannot.
we heard a lot of stories. Some are inspiring, some are depressing.

Born or made... What is important is to become a GOOD lawyer.

My uncle said to me nga when I was 13... Kung ano mang gustuhin mong propesyon sa buhay hindi ka dapat maging magaling lang.... maging MABUTI ka din. If you want to be a lawyer... Don't be JUST a lawyer. be a GOOD lawyer. If you want to be a doctor or teacher etc... be a GOOD teacher, be a GOOD doctor.

9Are lawyers made or born? Empty Re: Are lawyers made or born? Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:24 am

SoulCollector

Arresto Menor

i happen to agree that lawyers are made and not born. being born with talent and intellect is not enough for one to hurdle the challenges that a law student encounters.

i am a full time employee and a law student as well thats why i am feeling the crunch of the previous statements prior to mine. i have a full work load and i go to school almost everyday. kahit inaantok na sa gabi, still, i burn the midnight candle. i toil and labor not because of the rewards i may reap when i pass the bar but because of the feeling that after the end of it all, you have done something meaningful for yourself.

my friend always remind me, if you dony want to risk it all, you do not want it bad enough.

sanchez roman, SR ka ba?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum