Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

is settlement possible for a murder case?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

minyat

Arresto Menor

Hello Atty's...

I have a brother-in-law who happens to be the suspect of a murder case. (Murder with 59 stabbed wounds). Here is the thing, my brother-in-law is just the accomplice and he was with someone who really participated on the crime.

The family of the deceased, wants them to pay a certain amount so they will file an affidavit of dissistance stating that they will not go after then nor pursue with the filing of the case if they pay the certain amount.

My questions are:

1. is that possible for a murder case? I mean the settlement?
2. will they be freed from being imprisoned after the settlement?

Please enlighten me because much as I dont want to meddle on their affairs, I just want to help the parents clear up their minds if giving money is really a good idea or else it will just be a waste of money.

It is not that I dont trust their lawyer, but he is known of something, so I need your help Atty's who have a good heart.

Please reply.

attyLLL

do you mean he is detained? has he been charged in court?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

lasvegas22

Arresto Menor

Settlement for a murder case depends on the type of case. So it may vary.

rjn

Arresto Menor

q: what if he is detained?or has he been charged in court?

and

q: what if he is not detained? has not been charged in court?

attyLLL

i am trying to determine what stage of the proceedings they are in.

minyat

Arresto Menor

Hello Atty's...

Yes My brother-in-law is detained at the moment. For 3 years now. The proceedings is also in the process of CROSS EXAMINING the witnesses.

What do you mean by the type of case ATTY? All I know is that the case filed against them is MURDER

attyLLL

there are ways to work out a dismissal of a murder case if the primary witnesses have not testified. if they have, it will be very difficult.

minyat

Arresto Menor

I am not really sure if there was a primary witness since the accused surrendered themselves to the police, but their stand is NOT GUILTY.

clanwolf

clanwolf
Arresto Menor

your settlement may affect the main case. even if he is only a minor participant, his inclusion may be a factor in the aggravating circumstance of murder (abuse of superior strength), it may also affect the theory of the prosecution. desistance or recantation of the witnesses as to his participation also affects their credibility. think carefully.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum