Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PWD: anong age pwedeng magpakasal without parental consent?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LanceXavier

Arresto Menor

My boyfriend has Cerebral Palsy and wheelchair-bound, but everything about him is normal except his mobility and speech. He is now 25 and according to a law I read online, male at the age of 25 can be married even without parental consent. But his parents does not agree and insists that we can't get married because he is still considered a "minor" because of the lack of faculties. Is this true?

Also, we tried to run away, but we were caught and his parents threatened to file a case against me for "kidnapping and illegal detention". Can they do that even if my boyfriend willingly came with me?

Thanks in advance!

attyLLL

very interesting question. i would argue in your favor because cerebral palsy, as far as my 5 minute reading indicated, only involves motor skills.

for a person of adult age to be considered a minor, it has to be mental faculties which are diminished, not physical.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3PWD: anong age pwedeng magpakasal without parental consent? Empty Thanks!!! Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:01 pm

LanceXavier

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much AttyLLL...

I guess his mother would need a medical certificate/abstract to prove that her son is mentally challenged, otherwise, it just follows that he is considered of legal marrying age already. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum