Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Empty ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:41 pm

kayzel

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir / Ma'am,

I would like to raise some questions regarding the adoption of my brother. We have a helper that gave birth to his son from her affair to another man. She asked my mom if my mom would like to adopt the child because she can not raise the child well, for she has 7 more children. Since we are all girls, my mom adopted the child few days after his birth. However, they did not went through any adoption procedures except that my mom made a written agreement signed by the mother and was notarized. My mom settle the birth certificate of the child with the help of her midwife friend. But what they did was they registered the name of the child under my mom and her second husband (they are not married; my mom is legally separated with my dad). My mom is already 54 y/o and her age written in the birth certificate is 50 (they changed it). Now, we have plans to have a short vacation in hongkong. We are applying for the passport of my adoptive brother. I am just concern about some problems that we might encounter. are we allowed to bring the child with us on our vacation? Is the adoption of my brother legal? Please help. thanks in advance

2adoption - ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Empty Re: ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:41 pm

attyLLL

what your mother did is considered the crime of simulation of birth, but as long as no one files a case against her, the presumption is that the child is hers. i doubt if there will be a problem with getting a passport.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3adoption - ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Empty Re: ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:01 pm

kayzel

Arresto Menor

Thank you atty. My mom is already 54 years old. When she adopted the child, she was 53 but they wrote in the birth certificate that she was only 50 years old (when she gave birth). Should we just declare that there was an error with the birth certificate and declare her real age? Are they going to ask for supporting documents since it will appear that the child is already a menopausal baby?

4adoption - ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Empty Re: ADOPTION OF THE CHILD OF OUR HELPER Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 pm

attyLLL

like i said, she was involved in a crime. if you try to correct it, you will be exposing her to the risk of criminal proceedings.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum