Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Manpower Cooperative in the Philippines legal?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

artnoquera

artnoquera
Arresto Menor

Is it legal to be employed under Multi Purpose Cooperative? I've been in a company that hires workers under a Multi purpose cooperative for more than 2 years now yet, we are still considered as "not employed". All the benefits and privileges enjoyed by regular employees are deemed from us. We cant even apply for ITR because the said Multi purpose cooperative is exempted to pay tax. We have to pay taxes by our own. Are there any violations of the Labor Code here? Is the company where I worked now also liable for any Labor Code Violation? May I know if I can file formal complaint to NLRC regarding this? I read an article related to this concern http://www.thenewstoday.info/2006/11/10/palscon.advises.avoid.manpower.cooperatives.html and it took several years before the concern was addressed. Do I need to gather a certain number of workers to join with me in applying the formal complaint? What is the best thing to do now? I really need an employment. I've worked for this company for several years now expecting that someday they will absorb us. Looking for another job seems to be difficult for me now because of my age. Can I ask for your advice? Thank you.

Last edited by artnoquera on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : NLRC instead of BIR)

attyLLL

i recommend you file a complaint at the nearest DOLE office so your office can be visited and inspected.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

artnoquera

artnoquera
Arresto Menor

ok tnx for the advice atty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum