Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Money lending

+4
concepab
rasseljandavid
attyLLL
camiguin_48
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Money lending Empty Money lending Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:59 am

camiguin_48

Arresto Menor

A public school teacher is into money lending. I loaned money from her at five percent per month. The loaned amount was Ten thousand pesos and the amount accumulated to more than thirty five thousand pesos. Is it legal for a public school teacher to enter intomoney lending?

2Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:43 am

attyLLL

your better defense is that 5% per month is an unconscionable amount of interest and should be reduced.

you can report her to the bsp is you can provide proof of her money lending business.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Money lending Empty Where is your conscience? Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:08 am

rasseljandavid

Arresto Menor

camiguin_48 wrote:A public school teacher is into money lending. I loaned money from her at five percent per month. The loaned amount was Ten thousand pesos and the amount accumulated to more than thirty five thousand pesos. Is it legal for a public school teacher to enter intomoney lending?

For me, in my opinion even a Saint can be a lender. Why are you questioning about her profession? After you used her money for some personal reason? Didn't you think that she also need that money but gave it to you because she thinks that you need it more?

You mentioned that you borrowed 10k and became 35k but you didn't mentioned the time frame. Considering the 5% interest and assuming it is not compounded, you borrowed that money for four years now. We have so called "Inflation" where money decrease value over time and as of today it is 7% per year.

I don't have any relation with the teacher nor with you but hopefully this will open your heart.

4Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:45 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

I agree with rasse. Also, why you didn’t question the 5% during the time that you are asking for a money. And now you are questioning the legality of his/her business. I am sure that many will agree, but it looks like you are just trying to avoid your obligation. Walang samaan ng loob. Try to be considerate, hindi naman nya siguro pinulot lang yung 10k na pinahiram nya sa iyo at sa palagay ko naman ay pinakinabangan mo din yung pera. Ginawa na nya yung part nya, now it’s time to do yours. Very Happy

5Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Arlynalegado

Arresto Menor

Someone I know borrowed 11k to a lender with 8% int.per month,evry month the borrower paid the int rate, until such tym it goes down to 8k because the borrower was able to pay the capital. Still continuing in paying the int.until such tym the borrower was not able to pay the int for 3 months..after that still the borrower returns in paymnt including d backlogs but just a little..now the borrower was able to pay the int for 3 yrs.there are still bal for backlogs..now the borrower want to return the capital money borrowed 8k..but the lender refuses to receive it because she wants thr borrower to pay the whole amount including the int.the around 8k..so it totals to 16k plus..can d borrower refuse to pay the backlog int? And just pay the capital bal.?

6Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:24 pm

attyLLL

arlyn, yes, payments are applied to interest first before principal.

7Money lending Empty Personal loan sa bank Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

boss1982

Arresto Menor

Is it reasonable na kapag di nabayaran ang personal loan sa banko at di umabot sa maturity is daily ang magiging application ng interest kaya from 200,000 naging 339thousand plus kahit nakabayad naman ng more a year?

8Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:24 pm

attyLLL

courts have ruled that 3% and more monthly interest is unlawful

9Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:14 am

boss1982

Arresto Menor

I have read their contract over and over pero wala ako nabasa na daily interest computation. Sabi ng kausap ko ganun daw ang alam nilang patakaran ng mga bangko kapag inactive na ang account. Tama po ba yun?

10Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:43 pm

praisepasaima

Arresto Menor

good pm po please i need advice regarding sa utang kong 2,200 sa online lending. di p po kc ako nkakabayad ang sabi sakin samsampahan daw ako ng kaso. pwd po b mangyari un sa halagang 2,200? salamat po.

11Money lending Empty Re: Money lending Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Kahit P2,200 lang ang halaga ng utang, pwede sila magsampa ng small claims case. Try mo to basahin, para lang may idea ka kung ano ang small claims case. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/proven-ways-debt-collection

Ganun pa man, duda akong akong magfa-file sila ng demanda kahit pwede nilang gawin kasi sila din ang mas maaabala, lalo na at meron din filing fee na sisingilin ang court sa kanila kahit sa small claims.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum