Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complaint by 3rd party individual (complaint coursed thru company)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

villacorta

Arresto Menor

Hello everyone!

I am in a dilemma right now. Two 3rd party individuals filed a complaint against me (coursed thru my employer) regarding my supposed blighting and verbal altercation (through phone). The complainants had an easy access to the GODS of this prominent conglomerate where I am employed in one of its subsidiaries.

My company started investigating, requiring me to submit my explanation thru email. They then forwarded a memo requiring to provide reasons why I should not be imposed with the 12-day suspension for supposedly violating a provision of the company rules specifically the provision on "disrespect of customers."

First, the incident occurred after office hours, I was not on official business that time, but was there (with my friend) exercising, in our individual capacities, as consumers and at that time, as customers of the organizers of the running event that was concluded recently.

First, I have always insisted that I and my friend, were the customers at that time. And that the verbal altercation that transpired over the phone was brought about by the inconvenience that we experienced in the registration for the run.

The company has withheld the release of my performance appraisal for 2010, and therefore my performance bonus, which should have been released last March 30, was also withheld.

I would like to know if the company really has the authority to conduct the investigation. Also, I would like to know what reasons I can provide my company that would really imply that we were the customers when the incident happened.

I did not actually register for the run but accompanied my friend. The thing is, I wrote my name and contact details on a piece of paper, hoping that the sponsor of the run would be able to provide me with a fast and favourable response to our queries especially on the no-return-no-exchange rule on singlets and non issuance of official receipt at the point of transaction.

I hope somebody can shed light on this.

Sad

attyLLL

yes, the company has the authority to investigate. it will depend on the proven circumstances whether you should be disciplined. based on your account, you should be able to prove that this is not work related.

focus on making sure you are able to provide your written explanation.

were you employees encouraged or directed by your company to join the running event?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum