Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cerezo vs. Soreso: Is this qualified for correction of clerical error?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mockingbird9

Arresto Menor

Hello po.

My birth certificate indicates that my father’s middle name is Cerezo. In his birth certificate, though, it’s Soreso. I wanted to follow what’s on his birth cert so that I’ll avoid further problems in the future, especially that I’m planning to work abroad and make my parents beneficiaries of the state-mandated insurances.

Will the change be qualified for correction of clerical error under RA 9048? Why or why not?

I’m looking forward to your opinions. Thank you po. Smile

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

As long as it does not change the status of your Father and does not affect the filial relationship he has with his family, then it should be able to go through the process of clerical correction.

You should ask the PAO for free legal advice if ever you have time, just to get a clearer and more authoritative answer.

mockingbird9

Arresto Menor

Hello po. Thank you for the insight. I’ll consult the PAO as soon as I can. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum