Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clerical error family name

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clerical error family name Empty Clerical error family name Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 am

dang0824

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I'd like to seek an advice re my assistant's birth certificate problem.

a. She was born out of wedlock and was registered under her mother's family name. However, there was an error in the registration. the family name registered was ARADON instead of ANADON. What should she do? She told me they have already sought help from their local civil registrar and they even paid certain amount for the change but until now, nothing happened.Btw, no receipt was issued during the transaction.

b. They also filed for a petition for the change of her family name from her mother's to her father's surname. According to her again, they paid again but until now, they did not receive any feedback from the municipal civil registrar's office despite their effort to follow it up.

Her fiancee needs to file a visa for her but unfortunately, they encountered these problems. I'd like to help her but i do not know how.

your advise is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

2Clerical error family name Empty Re: Clerical error family name Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:00 pm

attyLLL

i recommend she only deals with proper authorities at the local civil registrar. aradon and anadon would indicate a clerical error. she should inquire about the requirements of a petition under ra 9048.

is her father still alive? if so, he can issue an affidavit of acknowledgment and authority to use surname of father so she can use his surname.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Clerical error family name Empty Re: Clerical error family name Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

dang0824

Arresto Menor

Yes, the father is still alive.

i went over RA 9048 and i noticed that only the first name is covered. will RA 9048 also include the FAMILY name? thanks

4Clerical error family name Empty Re: Clerical error family name Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

attyLLL

under 9048, last name is covered if it is a clerical error. first name can be changed even if not: gerry to michael

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum