Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

House developer/ contractor result

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1House developer/ contractor result  Empty House developer/ contractor result Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Marieantonette

Arresto Menor

Hi. We purchased a house and lot from a developer last year and paid the equity in spot cash. The unit will be turned over in a few months after loan takeout. Unfortunately, upon inspection, the outcome of the unit was unacceptable. Cements and paints are uneven. Tiles were broken. Walls have bumps and ceilings are not parallel.We paid an equity of less than half a million just to get that outcome. So disgusting. The unit is unacceptable and looks like the house was built in a rush. What should we do? Can we refund the equity?

2House developer/ contractor result  Empty Re: House developer/ contractor result Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:10 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

don't accept the unit if it is not acceptable. review your contract and see if you can have refund.

3House developer/ contractor result  Empty Re: House developer/ contractor result Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Marieantonette

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply. We also have a request last year that we will be moving by July but it’s almost October but the house was built just like that. I have reviewed the contract and it says that no refund if the buyer voluntarily refuses to continue the transaction. I have read PD 957 and it says that the buyer is eligible to a full equity refund plus interests , if the seller does not complete the house on time or not on approved plans

4House developer/ contractor result  Empty Re: House developer/ contractor result Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Marieantonette

Arresto Menor

They even used a different color of grout on the tiles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum