Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLANNING TO BUY LAND PROPERTY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1property - PLANNING TO BUY LAND PROPERTY Empty PLANNING TO BUY LAND PROPERTY Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 pm

ruwaida

Arresto Menor

Hi! We were offered to buy a land property. The Deed of Sale/TCT is under the name of Spouses A & B, B died. Spouses have a son also married.

Question:
1. Who is the rightful person to sell the land, A or the Son?
2. If Both A and Son will reflect as owner, does the wife of the son needs to sign also the transfer of ownership?

Hope my question is clear and appreciate any assistance.

Thanks a lot

2property - PLANNING TO BUY LAND PROPERTY Empty Re: PLANNING TO BUY LAND PROPERTY Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

1. If there are estate proceedings still ongoing on the properties of the deceased, then it is the ESTATE of the deceased and the assigned administrator/executor thereof who has the authority to dispose of said property for the benefit of the heirs of the deceased.

You should inquire further as to what is the status of the land and if such had undergone estate proceedings.

2. No, the wife of the son is unrelated to the property in question.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum