Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

planning to buy land with lost title

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1planning to buy land with lost title Empty planning to buy land with lost title Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 am

Penoy214

Arresto Menor

good day.

my wife and i are planning to buy a house and lot in BF paranaque. a certified true copy of the title was shown to us, and the title is still in the name of BF Citi although the land had already been paid in full. The seller lost all the documents when they transferred to another city. BF Citi does not have copies of the documents because their building was razed in a fire years ago.

A staff at BF Citi office confirmed that the seller owns the land and that they have to more records about it. He suggested something like reconstitution of title.

any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2planning to buy land with lost title Empty Re: planning to buy land with lost title Mon May 16, 2011 4:04 pm

attyLLL

the more proper terms is re-issuance of the title. you do not even have a deed of sale?

you will need some form of written confirmation from the registered owner that they sold the property.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3planning to buy land with lost title Empty Re: planning to buy land with lost title Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 am

Penoy214

Arresto Menor

Thanks AttyLLL. We cannot get a copy of the deed of sale from BF because their office was razed by fire years ago, and all the documents that BF turned over to seller was also lost or misplaced.

Magpa re-issue po ng title, then saka ililipat sa amin?

4planning to buy land with lost title Empty Re: planning to buy land with lost title Tue May 17, 2011 11:47 pm

attyLLL

you can file a court petition for confirmation of the sale and re-issuance of the title. the court can order the RD to issue on already in your name. but you will need proof that the BF is acknowledging the sale.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5planning to buy land with lost title Empty Re: planning to buy land with lost title Sun May 22, 2011 9:32 am

Penoy214

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot po.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum