Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

File a resignation

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1File a resignation Empty File a resignation Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

joeycruz0507

Arresto Menor

Hello,

This is regardless if the company will require me to render 30 days for turn over or the company will chose not to render a 30 days.

Please enlighten me; Our salary is every 15th and 30 or 31st of the month; If for example I file a resignation on the 29th or 30th, or 1 or 2 days before the salary pay; is the employer have the rights to hold my salary that should be release on the 31st? Or they cannot do that? But, instead, they will hold the salary for the 15th, together with the 13th month pay?

Than you very much in advance!

2File a resignation Empty Re: File a resignation Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:17 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

it all depends on the policy and procedure of the HR of your company. Some company holds the salary of the last cut-off of the employees, while some company do hold the 1 month salary, especially if the employee "have" a large amount of accountability (i.e. employee is a petty cash custodian, or have assigned laptop / company car)

Hope this helps.

3File a resignation Empty Re: File a resignation Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:58 pm

joeycruz0507

Arresto Menor

Thanks for answering my inquiry. One last question; What if the employer terminates the employee 1 day or 2 days before the Pay day or let's say today or tomorrow? Does the employer have the rights to on-hold the salary that should be given on 31st? Or they should not do that as the employee have the rights to get his payment? And only the cash-bond, 13th month pay and the remaining salary should be on-hold? Please let me know and thank you in advance!

4File a resignation Empty Re: File a resignation Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:09 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

any salary that is due after the last day can be held until the employee processes his clearance

5File a resignation Empty Re: File a resignation Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:43 pm

joeycruz0507

Arresto Menor

Even po immediate termination or even sasahod na lang that day is tinerminate pa before magpasahod?

6File a resignation Empty Re: File a resignation Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:14 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

kahit na 3 minutes bago ka sumahod.

7File a resignation Empty Re: File a resignation Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:03 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

It still depends on your company's policy, pero naging standard practice na ang pagho-hold ng salary for the last payroll cut-off ng mga outgoing employees (which practice is recognized to be legal). Mas maganda siguro kung ita-timing mo na lang ng maayos ang pag-alis mo para maiwasan mo yung situation kung saan kailangan mo mag-render ng 30 days kung saan halos buong period na yun ay iho-hold ang sahod mo. Di mo naman din pwedeng i-ignore ang 30 days service mo dahil required ka din ng batas i-observe yun. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/nature-consequences-resignation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum