Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I file for immediate resignation if I got demoted without any cause?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pgrapa01

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I badly need your help. I am a supervisor in a BPO company and for no mentioned reason by my manager, a reorganization was made and was immediately implemented.
To my surprise, I was transferred to another brand as a regular agent/representative. My pay was not affected but I am no longer handling people. I got assigned to a position with lesser responsibility in which the task was only a part of my job before. I feel that I got demoted and my superior did not have any decency to talk to me in person and explain the reason for such change as all the instructions were given thru email only. She just instructed the rest of the people that from now on everybody reports to her directly, letting me feel that I have become just one of the agents. My supervisory access has also been disabled without telling me. I really felt bad and insulted. Can I file for immediate resignation in this case? May I file a case against the company? And to what ground?

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

Dont resign..instead take this matter before your company's HRD ask them why were you demoted from your previous position.

If their answer is not satisfactory or they did not answer it at all then bring this matter and sue your company before the NLRC(National Labor Relations Commission)..if you believe that your transfer is trully a demotion then this could be interpreted as a form of illegal dismissal called "constructive dismissal". Of course this suit must be backed up by evidence to prove that your demotion is tantamount to illegal dismissal. It is best to consult a lawyer personally regarding this problem of yours, bring him some pertinent document relative to your employment in the company where you are currently working.

attyLLL

i agree, don't resign, but you can question first with your Human Resources Department, then later at NLRC, for illegal demotion.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum