Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buying a parcel of land

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAND - Buying a parcel of land  Empty Buying a parcel of land Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:01 pm

topakzkw

Arresto Menor

Good Morning mam/sir,
i am planning to buy a parcel of land in my hometown, the vendor gave me a snapshot of the land title, what i did was to check it and verify it from the Registry of Deeds . As per the record the said land title is authentic and in the name of the vendor. but with the other related documents includes the deed of sale of the former owner to the current owner. Upon review, i found out that it was only last year (november 2017) the sale was consummated. But i  am sure that the old owners (vendors as per the deed of sale) died long time ago nearly 6 years  past. it is impossible that a dead person could affixed their signature on that date. my question are as follows 1. Is the title valid? 2. If i buy it from the new owner would it be valid? 3.  what is our legal right if the legal heirs of the old owners claim the land after we bought it? 4. is it safe/legal to go ahead with the transaction?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum