Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 pesos per minute of late

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

15 pesos per minute of late Empty 5 pesos per minute of late Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:00 pm

engr_jrongcales

Arresto Menor

Please help. My company is charging us 5 pesos for every minute late. Is this lawful? I am just commuting and i never get late for work except for some circumstances like the driver has stopped by a policeman for violation etc. We never had a written agreement for this by the management. They decided that rule without consulting us. Moreover, can i be considered as an employee even if i don't have any contract with the company? If i resign, would the 30 days period be applied to me knowing the fact that i don't have contract with them? Please enlighten me.

25 pesos per minute of late Empty Re: 5 pesos per minute of late Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:37 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

you can be considered an employee even if you don't have a sign contract

yes you still need to render 30 days notice

company prerogative to make and implement policy however the P5.00 / minute is excessive. you can report it to DOLE so they can visit your company

35 pesos per minute of late Empty Re: 5 pesos per minute of late Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:55 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Prerogative ni employer mo na mag-impose ng penalty basta ba reasonable ito. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/management-prerogative-rights-employers May mga companies na ikinakaltas sa sweldo ni employee mga late nila based on the value of their per-minute rate. Kung relatively malaki ang sweldo mo, baka naman mas favorable pa sayo kung fixed at P5 pesos per minute ang icha-charge sayo. Pero kung maliit lang ang sweldo mo, baka maconsider nga na excessive yung P5 per minute. I-compute mo na lang yung per-minute rate mo para may reference ka (8 hours per day is equal to 480 minutes per day).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum