Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-termination of Lease Contract in a Condo

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

John Cedrique

John Cedrique
Arresto Menor

Hi guys, hope you can help me. I started renting a condo last April 2018 and I have 1-year contract. I have not settled the June and this month yet. Can I possibly terminate or end my contract? What are the risk am I getting into if I do so? I provided a scurity deposity as well. Can you help me understand this as well? I attached a copy of the contract.

contract - Pre-termination of Lease Contract in a Condo 37893710

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Under the contract that you are showing us, it is the lessor who is given the right to terminate the contract in case of the lessee's default. Frankly, it does not make sense to give the lessee the right to terminate the contract due to his own default. So to answer your question as to whether you can terminate the contract: no.

Your contract must also have a provision governing your security deposit. I believe that it will only answer for damages and unpaid bills that you may incur during the lease, but it will not answer for the unpaid rentals. Check it out first, just to be sure. Your contract will be the one to govern your relationship with your lessor, and it will be the one to define your rights and obligations under such tenant-landlord relationship. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/contracts

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum