Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Online Loan

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1loan - Online Loan Empty Online Loan Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 pm

cymantanyu

Arresto Menor

I had a loan online a few months ago, for only 3000. I deleted the confirmation and email, so i lost the code. I was not able to pay for it. I tried calling the numbers that they used to remind me of my loan but no one answers. So I let it go. Now, i received a text informing me a warrant has been issued. is that possible when i did not even get a summon? should I not get a letter through mail regarding the complaint first? they said its estafa, is it? and they are demanding for 20k, and said it includes the late payment and other charges. isnt it too much, my loan was just 3k. please answer.

2loan - Online Loan Empty Re: Online Loan Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:33 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Check with your local courts and see if there are cases filed against you.

What were the terms and conditions of the loan? What are the penalty rates in case you were not able to pay for it? Are there any interest rates for penalty fees?

You need to check your loan first and see what you actually agreed upon with the lending company.

Estafa is a criminal case. You would be incarcerated in case the prosecutor finds probable cause in your case and issues a warrant of arrest against you. You should check with the local courts if there was really any case filed against you, or at least call the number of the local courts and talk to the clerk of court there.

Good luck.

3loan - Online Loan Empty Re: Online Loan Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 pm

cymantanyu

Arresto Menor

but shouldnt be there a summon, or at least a baranggay hearing first?

4loan - Online Loan Empty Re: Online Loan Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, there should be a summons sent on your address regarding the case filed against you. I wanted you to check the courts since collection agencies are known to use possible litigation as a threat towards those who did not pay their balances. Usually, those are empty threats, but it is better if you check your local courts to be on the safe side.

If it was an estafa case filed (being a criminal case), it is not required for said case to undergo barangay conciliation.

You should clarify everything first with the company you acquired the loan from. I think this is a collection agency ploy, but it is still better to work out your debt with them and create a payment plan that will not debilitate your finances heavily.

Good luck.

5loan - Online Loan Empty Re: Online Loan Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:21 pm

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

It's not true that there is a warrant. Though you can be sued for collection, NOT estafa. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/proven-ways-debt-collection And collection cases do not carry the penalty of imprisonment, so there can be no warrant against you. Don't fall for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum