Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Empty CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 am

dreamer03

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I sold a condo parking space to an American w/c title was never transferred since the American died recently. We only have Deed of Assignment as document.

Can his Filipina mistress or wife claim the property since it's under the American partner's name? BTW when the American died, the couple has parted ways.

Thank you very much!

2CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Empty Re: CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:04 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Was there estate proceedings held when the American died? Was there a will that transferred the deed of assignment towards his wife? If there was no will, what did the estate do to the deed of assignment?

You should look into the estate proceedings that occurred and check who inherited the deed of assignment to the condo parking space.

3CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Empty Re: CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:08 pm

dreamer03

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge wrote:Was there estate proceedings held when the American died? Was there a will that transferred the deed of assignment towards his wife? If there was no will, what did the estate do to the deed of assignment?

You should look into the estate proceedings that occurred and check who inherited the deed of assignment to the condo parking space.

Thanks for the reply.

How and where will I check if, indeed, there was an estate proceeding? In what institution or gov't agency would I check it?

Please excuse my ignorance since I'm not familiar with it.

Thank you very much!

4CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Empty Re: CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:59 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Check the Regional Trial Courts (RTC) and ask the clerk of court if there is/was estate proceedings held recently for the American. Maybe the clerk of court can point out the probate court where the proceedings were held, hopefully.

You should check the nearby RTC where the American was located.

5CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Empty Re: CONDO PARKING SPACE SOLD TO AMERICAN Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Check if the American and the woman were legally married. Because if they are legally married, then the wife is a compulsory heir. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/wills-succession-inheritance She as the surviving spouse is entitled to her share, even though they already parted ways when her husband died.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum